Our regular coffee morning south of Sydney at the Common Ground Bakery. My TR2.

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

1 hour ago, Harbottle said:

Very nice cars. You are lucky to be able to get out and about at the moment.

Paul

Agree Paul. Australia has generally done very well, Victoria being an exception last year. Being an island helps but there has been good management as well.

1 hour ago, John McCormack said:

Agree Paul. Australia has generally done very well, Victoria being an exception last year. Being an island helps but there has been good management as well.

don't in anyway knock the UK, not that you have, but we have a 70 million population, Australia has 25 million, new Zealand has only 5 million, i would say that these numbers are better to control a disease than the larger UK numbers.

Lovely turn out of TR’s 

Oz is just ace but it was 1989/90 when I was last there ( for over a year) 

11 hours ago, R.M. said:

don't in anyway knock the UK, not that you have, but we have a 70 million population, Australia has 25 million, new Zealand has only 5 million, i would say that these numbers are better to control a disease than the larger UK numbers.

Agree totally. A lot of the commentary on the UK and the USA fails to recognise what they have to manage. In the USA (and Australia) the states control implementation of health so have separate and disorganised reactions. In the UK you have congestion that we don't.

Just now, John McCormack said:

Agree totally. A lot of the commentary on the UK and the USA fails to recognise what they have to manage. In the USA (and Australia) the states control implementation of health so have separate and disorganised reactions. In the UK you have congestion that we don't. NZ had the easiest task, one government, small population and an island that could be closed.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting John, the Common Ground pics resulted in instant nostalgia, I only wish Sue and I could have been joining you again this year for a few coffee and cake trips. Nice to see the short door car out and about.

Tim

12 hours ago, tim hunt said:

Thanks for posting John, the Common Ground pics resulted in instant nostalgia, I only wish Sue and I could have been joining you again this year for a few coffee and cake trips. Nice to see the short door car out and about.

Tim

Hi Tim,

We talked about the changes since the same time last year, including not having our guests.

This is the long door car I took you down in last year. Now it is fully run in (it has covered nearly 2000 miles since I put it back on the road) and sorted out it is an exceptionally great little car to drive. The 87mm pistons and warm cam with a low port head an 1 1/2" SUs give it great performance, I can go from <1000rpm in overdrive to full speed. It spins to 4500-5000 in 2nd and 3rd at the blink of an eye.

Next time you are downunder we can take it for a run.

12 hours ago, billy l said:

Hi John, Do you know this car?  The pic was sent to me by my daughter in law who lives in sydney, she spotted it on her way to work and thought it was of interest to me.  Cheers, Bill.

IMG_1010.PNG

Hi Bill,

That is a very nice looking TR4. There are quite a few here in Sydney, I've been looking at getting one to build as a project but he wanted too much and it is the wrong colour.

I don't know it, maybe because I don't spend a lot of time with the club that caters for them.

Like most places we have a few Triumph clubs and our TR Register is a sidescreen only club. It's a long story. 

The club for all TRs, and other Triumphs, is the Triumph Sports Owners Association (TSOA). I'm a member of both clubs (I have a TR6) but because I'm President of the Register it is where I spend my time.

• 2 weeks later...

We were out today for Drive your Triumph Day. A nice run through the Blue Mountains west of Sydney with lunch at the little village of Kurrajong.

My daily driver TR2, a TR2 with a TR3 grille and a gaggle of TR3As.

A great day with cars and mates.

TRs1.jpg

TRs3.jpg

TRs4.jpg

And another shot.

TR Register UK members can access the TR Register Australia website and members only forum areas through Jo Whitty. She will forward your details to us and we will give access. It could be useful for anyone travelling here in the future (whenever that is allowed).

TRs2.jpg

I am positively green with envy John.

I lived in Sydney for a couple off years in the early 1980s and my wife and I used to love driving out around the Blue Mountains.  Spectacular scenery and usually lovely weather. Perfect for driving a TR.

Rgds Ian

17 minutes ago, Ian Vincent said:

I am positively green with envy John.

I lived in Sydney for a couple off years in the early 1980s and my wife and I used to love driving out around the Blue Mountains.  Spectacular scenery and usually lovely weather. Perfect for driving a TR.

Rgds Ian

Hi Ian, a lot of development has taken place in the west of Sydney in the last 40 or so years. A lot of new suburbs and associated infrastructure.

It is still a great run once out there and now there are tollways there and back.

I drove out from Leichhardt where I live with the other TR2 who lives very near me. We started the group run near the RAAF Richmond airbase, a drive through Wilberforce and East Kurrajong to the Putty Rd and into Kurrajong. A bit warm coming home, maybe mid to high 20s.

7 TRs on windy country roads, good fun.