TR6 Tonneau cover options advice

Hello all, I hope everyone is well.

First time post for me, as I've recently joined the register myself.

I have a 1971 TR6, and I'm looking to buy a replacement tonneau cover.  I notice that there are both PVC and mohair options, and I am interested in anyone's experiences and recommendations that they might have.

I have seen both on Rimmerbros, but the mohair options requires a couple of extra brackets to work, I assume to align the studs to the holes in that particular cover across the windscreen end.

Thanks all, I appreciate any advice. 

Ray

I’m not why the fitment of a mohair cover would be any different to a PVC Fitment. 

As far as which is right for you, I guess it might depend on whether your hood is mohair or PVC 

LEE

Its your choice,Mohair looks nice more expensive but PVC much more practical if touring, when it gets wet you can just wipe over with Microfibre cloth and good to go whereas mohair will remain wet/damp for storing.

For what its worth Im having a new Mohair hood fitted next month but Tonneau and hood Bag will be PVC and although different shades won't be seen together so doesn't matter for me.

Andy

5 hours ago, andy said:

Its your choice,Mohair looks nice more expensive but PVC much more practical if touring, when it gets wet you can just wipe over with Microfibre cloth and good to go whereas mohair will remain wet/damp for storing.

For what its worth Im having a new Mohair hood fitted next month but Tonneau and hood Bag will be PVC and although different shades won't be seen together so doesn't matter for me.

Andy

Agree. Pvc more practical. Have a maroon mohair hood on my midget and it gets easily marked. 

On 1/20/2021 at 3:57 PM, lee said:

I’m not why the fitment of a mohair cover would be any different to a PVC Fitment. 

As far as which is right for you, I guess it might depend on whether your hood is mohair or PVC 

LEE

Hi Lee, 

Thanks, I think the fitment is only different due to how rimmerbros (or their supplier) has made the cover to fit a number of vehicles. (They quote that later TR6' don't need adapter brackets).

Hood is PVC currently, but to be honest it hasn't been up for years, so I'll need to replace that too.

cheers.

On 1/20/2021 at 4:09 PM, andy said:

Andy

Hi Andy, thanks, that's a good point about them not being seen together.

I like the idea of the mohair looking nice, and its very rare that the car sees rain, so I guess that's less of an issue. 

Do you know where you are getting your hood done yet? 

Mine will need doing for sure, so I'd be keen to hear how you get on. 

Hi Ray

I’m using Hukes trimmers used them before on my TR5 and my TR3,they do excellent job not cheap but you get what you pay for I find.Chaps name is Dave Joy Hemel Hempstead based booked my car in soon as I got it he’s always busy(6 months ago) he’s done jobs for few boys in North London Group.

Couple of pictures of my 3 he trimmed new seats and carpets.

Andy

5E5CA95D-01B3-4196-8748-2A27F7D39AF7.jpeg

E1832B24-AD25-43E4-BED9-5174881B570D.jpeg

15 hours ago, andy said:

Hi Ray

I’m using Hukes trimmers used them before on my TR5 and my TR3,they do excellent job not cheap but you get what you pay for I find.Chaps name is Dave Joy Hemel Hempstead based booked my car in soon as I got it he’s always busy(6 months ago) he’s done jobs for few boys in North London Group.

Couple of pictures of my 3 he trimmed new seats and carpets.

Andy

5E5CA95D-01B3-4196-8748-2A27F7D39AF7.jpeg

E1832B24-AD25-43E4-BED9-5174881B570D.jpeg

Thanks Andy, I appreciate the info.  I'll take a look.

Your car looks great by the way!