Choice of thermostat

On 1/24/2021 at 3:58 PM, AndyR100 said:

I use hardboard to blank off half the rad in Winter - cable-tied into place until March usually

...... Andy 

Thanks

I have never found the need to blank off the rad, or to change my 88° thermostat winter to summer (you don't change it in modern cars do you?)

The engine always warms up to the same temperature. It may take a little longer to get there in winter - but not much longer. 

Maybe it's because I've got a proper TR :ph34r:

Henry

3 minutes ago, Lebro said:

I have never found the need to blank off the rad, or to change my 88° thermostat winter to summer (you don't change it in modern cars do you?)

The engine always warms up to the same temperature. It may take a little longer to get there in winter - but not much longer. 

Maybe it's because I've got a proper TR :ph34r:

Henry

No doubting that you have a proper TR :) 

Using mine for daily commute (admittedly not as often at the mo!) I like to have the best opportunity for as much heat as possible available to the heater - I must be a softy, but it seems to work for me :) 

......... Andy