TR4 used leaf spring needed

I have a broken leaf spring on one side and I want to keep my car close to original so I'm not upgrading at the moment.

Has anyone got a spare spring please, later deep dish part no. 209964, my car is CT316xx 1964.

New Moss/Rimmer are £90-£110 + delivery etc but out of stock anyway but I would rather have a used one to match the other side.

PM with quotes incl delivery please if anyone got one.

Thanks

RobG

23 minutes ago, RobG said:

I have a broken leaf spring on one side and I want to keep my car close to original so I'm not upgrading at the moment.

Has anyone got a spare spring please, later deep dish part no. 209964, my car is CT316xx 1964.

New Moss/Rimmer are £90-£110 + delivery etc but out of stock anyway but I would rather have a used one to match the other side.

PM with quotes incl delivery please if anyone got one.

Thanks

RobG

Rob,

Here in the Midlands I would search Google for Automotive Leaf Spring refurbishment ( I checked and there are many in Sussex) and get a quote for a replacement leaf to be added, costs are normally reasonable but I think the idea of adding a new leaf to a used spring will upset the poundages applied, the used spring gaining too much stiffness from a new leaf.

If you can find a local refurbishment company and drop off both springs they will normally repair the breoken item with a replacement leaf and resetting of the leaves (I think they will reheat to regain torsion) and reset to the original poundage as Triumph specified.  

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

Suggested repairer for springs here

019 (edited)

Mick

I recently had my original TR2 leaf springs refurbished by a company in Sheffield called 'Owen Springs Ltd' - 01709 710700 speak to Adam.

They replaced both main leaf springs, re-tempered to original spec, new clips and bushes. I am very happy with the job, they were very obliging and listen to what you want.

I have no connection, just a happy customer.

Cheers

Ade

Edited August 11, 2019 by AJ2014

Failing that PM Richardtr3a on this forum   He had his rear leaf springs repaired last year.  He lives in Sussex.

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
15 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Suggested repairer for springs here

019 (edited)

Mick

I recently had my original TR2 leaf springs refurbished by a company in Sheffield called 'Owen Springs Ltd' - 01709 710700 speak to Adam.

They replaced both main leaf springs, re-tempered to original spec, new clips and bushes. I am very happy with the job, they were very obliging and listen to what you want.

I have no connection, just a happy customer.

Cheers

Ade

Edited August 11, 2019 by AJ2014

Failing that PM Richardtr3a on this forum   He had his rear leaf springs repaired last year.  He lives in Sussex.

Peter W

I have come across Owen Springs, a big operation, they make up a lot of springs for pre-war cars. I've heard they can be a bit unpredictable in their delivery schedules but they are certainly the people to talk to.

Nigel