Seat runners

I am presently cleaning up and restoring my seat runners but have got a bit stuck on one thing.

Please take a look at my photograph and you will see that the small rollers have little studs which allows the roller to move approximately nine centimetres.

however if you look at the latch holes that is much greater than 9 cm so how does this work?   logic  to me on this side it can only move a maximum of 9 cm but on the one opposite slider I can move it much further??

IMG_20210117_150106.jpg

59 minutes ago, ed_h said:

So It's 9 cm between the two roller stops? This would limit the ROLLER travel to 9 cm, but the top track's travel would be more. I`m thinking twice as much without drawing it.

Ed

Hi Ed

Yes, the gap between the dimples is approx 9cm.  So my logic is 9cm of travel BUT the other slider allows further.  I am a bit confused today!

5 hours ago, AarhusTr6 said:

Hi Ed

Yes, the gap between the dimples is approx 9cm.  So my logic is 9cm of travel BUT the other slider allows further.  I am a bit confused today!

My sliders allow much more movement on one side than the other when installed. I put it down to the production processes back in the '60's. Dedicated components weren't made RH & LH to suit the final installation.