5 minutes ago, Michael Jeffery said:

Hi in thinking of getting a TR4 the best one i have seen has a surrey top , can this be converted to a soft top .

and if i took the rear window assembly can i fit a  Tonneau cover 

Hope some one can help

thanks

Mike

Its easy enough to convert from Surrey top to convertible, you would need to buy some trim parts but theyre all available, The Surrey sections are very valuable so they would more than pay for the conversion if you wished to sell them on. You can fit a tonneau too once the Surrey is removed.

Stuart.

3 minutes ago, Michael Jeffery said:

Thanks very much Stuart i haven't had a TR4 before iv had plenty of different Classics before.

The TR4 im looking at is a 1963,  is in very good condition but not sure if i am paying to much it is £20k is that over priced 

Hope you can help me

Mike  

Presumably its this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164577017229

You do realise its been converted from L/hand drive. not that it makes that much difference, if your a club member then get someone who knows these cars to go and look at it with you, Marco from Classic Marks isnt that far away and he would give you a good appraisal of it.https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Motor-Vehicle-Company/Classic-Marks-Sports-Cars-Ltd-200651929952732/

Stuart.

26 minutes ago, Michael Jeffery said:

Thanks very much Stuart i haven't had a TR4 before iv had plenty of different Classics before.

The TR4 im looking at is a 1963,  is in very good condition but not sure if i am paying to much it is £20k is that over priced 

Hope you can help me

Mike  

FWIW looking again at that car its got a Honeybourne fibreglass Surrey top so not so valuable bit of kit Im afraid. You have a PM BTW

Stuart.

Just to throw my 2 pence worth in...

I converted my soft top TR4 to a Surrey top and feel that it improved the usability of the car enormously, whilst still allowing "top down' motoring by removing the centre section. Ask Marco the pluses and minuses of each style.The removable steel or alloy section is easily changed.

Best of both worlds and far better on long runs. Drive it with the centre section out before buying 

Hope you can help me

Mike 

thanks for your reply Stuart, do you think the car looks ok what do you mean by PM BTW

Mike

Mike - "PM" stands for Personal Message which goes into your Forum mailbox which you probably didn't even know you had - if you go to the top of a Forum page, you will see an envelope icon - click on this and it will open your mailbox and you will find Stuart's message to you - it is private and hence only you can see it - you can respond to his message from within the mailbox so essentially you can conduct a private conversation.

You can also set up various options so you get an automatic email if someone sends you a PM which I find very useful.

Hope this helps

Cheers Rich