Fuel injection pump silence!!

Morning all

I am trying to start my 72 after copious cleaning of the engine bay over the autumn/winter but to no avail,I only heard it running a short while before buying it last year.I don’t know to much about my 6 YET! but I’m learning with the help of you guys so forgive my ignorance,I have cleaned and dried everything but I don’t hear the fuel pump making a noise and I’m sure it’s supposed to Once you turn on the ignition.I have looked in the boot at what I am thinking must be the pump and there is a white wire and a black wire going into where i assume the pump noise must come from so how can I check this all out please guys,please don’t forget your dealing with a virtual novice here! But a willing learner.

Thanks in anticipation and stay safe were almost there everyone 

nige

6 minutes ago, nigelcurry said:

Morning all

I am trying to start my 72 after copious cleaning of the engine bay over the autumn/winter but to no avail,I only heard it running a short while before buying it last year.I don’t know to much about my 6 YET! but I’m learning with the help of you guys so forgive my ignorance,I have cleaned and dried everything but I don’t hear the fuel pump making a noise and I’m sure it’s supposed to Once you turn on the ignition.I have looked in the boot at what I am thinking must be the pump and there is a white wire and a black wire going into where i assume the pump noise must come from so how can I check this all out please guys,please don’t forget your dealing with a virtual novice here! But a willing learner.

Thanks in anticipation and stay safe were almost there everyone 

nige

Hi Nige,

Where are you I assume you are in the UK? If so I would advise you to get in touch with your local group even in Lock down where I would be certain, someone would help you get it started? If near me you would be number4 in the last 3 years! I live in Burnham, Bucks. Near Slough.

Bruce.