Mechanical Petrol Pump Woes

In preparing to install the engine I thought it a good idea to maintain the AC petrol pump.

After a thorough clean, the mechanical parts seem perfectly OK. So, I have just replaced the perishables.

Small problem, I cannot re-assemble the pump. I can’t get the T piece to engage, whatever I try fails.

Is there a trick? Help, please?

Hi all - If DD mentioned above by Tony C is referring to Dave Davies, he is unfortunately suffering with some eyesight issues and awaiting surgery so is unable to do any refurbs at the current time, and this may go on for a while if normal surgical procedures are cancelled because of Covid

Cheers Rich

1 hour ago, stillp said:

Why does he need to spend 3 months twisting it? :P

Pete

Reply was typed on my phone with out glasses on, phone changed what I thought I had typed to days !!

Bob

For this one let’s all in the twist. 

but just a 1/4 turn as Bob suggests

Hi guys. AC Mechanical Fuel pump is now my slave I have it sussed.

Two points.

When I dismantled the pump, the diaphram was tight into the body, so when replacing said diaphram with a new rubber I pushed the thing down, I now know this was a mistake, I doesn't need much pushing at all, just enough to engage the T piece.

Second point my AC point is handily labeled with IN on one fuel connection (Hanes manual says mark the this before dismantling, noy neceassary.

To make the installetion of a new diaphram easy(!) I found it best hold the Rocker Arm in the vice. See how "loose" it all is !

Happy Days.   

IMG_5528.jpg