New Option for Backlight - Revival Motorsport Fabrications

No personal interest on my part, but I haven’t  seen it mention elsewhere - Ben Ferguson has posted the following on his Facebook page:

New Year, new product!

Having had many enquiries for Triumph TR4 "Surrey" back light frames over the past few years, we have now found a pattern maker and foundry that is capable of casting the required components.
The original frames were cast in 4 sections and welded together and this is the method we will also use.
An original frame will be 3D scanned and the pattern tooling created from accurate CAD drawings. The end result will be a cast aluminium frame that is at least as good as the original Stanpart item. Hopefully even better! 

Due to the significant investment required to start this project, we need a minimum initial order quantity of 12 frames, in order for it to be viable.

Once the go-ahead is given, the lead time on the first prototype frame will be 8 weeks and all being well, the first batch of frames will be ready shortly after that.

The cost of the frames will be £1325.

Please send enquiries via the "Message" option, 
via email: revivalmotorsport@outlook.com 
or phone: +44 (0)1347 879187

thought this may be of interest to some members.

........ Andy 

E6966B2A-B4DE-42C8-9CA3-3FB72827DDC2.jpeg

F0DEFB2C-9DF4-42C9-9535-4F9C715851F0.jpeg

Hi Andy,

the SDF were talking to Ben quite a while ago about help needed.

He has taken his time to investigate the best way to go forward.   

His first creation was hand made sheet fabricated and it was certainly excellent. I can only imagine his cast item will also be top quality.

Roger

Edited by RogerH

Been quite a few years in the making but good to see he has finally got it together, priced about the same as an original ;)

Stuart.

Yes, I was delighted to see that Ben has progressed well and is now taking orders, always good to have options available within the marketplace. Knowing the quality of his work I’d expect happy customers :) 

....... Andy 

Judging from the feedback he has received across a range of F/book groups in a short space of time I’m sure he’ll be able to get the initial batch-order placed.

...... Andy

I'm in:-)