Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello All.

I am finally in last stretch of getting my 3A rebuild finished and am now on interior trim. I have a trim set in leather from John Skinner which I must say seems very well made. I purchased the car as a abandoned project so didn't take the car to bits. There are three tabs on the body panels just behind the B posts which seem to hold the trim panels away. there are no slots or similar trim to locate so am wondering what the purpose of the tabs are and if I am missing something. Any advice would be very helpful

Many Thanks



Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a vertical slot in the B post about 10mm square. The slot was originally packed with a twisted rope/jute type material and the tabs bent back to hold it in place. The Furflex draught excluder was held in place by tacking it to the the inserted  material. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

can you try a photo Robert ?

i know it's not easy


beat me Andrew :blink:

Edited by roy53
Link to post
Share on other sites

We went over this only a week or so ago, if you look here

Door Furlex - Where does it Go and How is it Attached

at the bottom of this page, or maybe on the next when you read this there are some pics.

I fitted some wood into mine, suitably whittled down, but then used contact adhesive to secure the Furflex.


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.