Fitting interior trim.

Hello All.

I am finally in last stretch of getting my 3A rebuild finished and am now on interior trim. I have a trim set in leather from John Skinner which I must say seems very well made. I purchased the car as a abandoned project so didn't take the car to bits. There are three tabs on the body panels just behind the B posts which seem to hold the trim panels away. there are no slots or similar trim to locate so am wondering what the purpose of the tabs are and if I am missing something. Any advice would be very helpful

Many Thanks

Robert.

There is a vertical slot in the B post about 10mm square. The slot was originally packed with a twisted rope/jute type material and the tabs bent back to hold it in place. The Furflex draught excluder was held in place by tacking it to the the inserted  material. 

We went over this only a week or so ago, if you look here

Door Furlex - Where does it Go and How is it Attached

at the bottom of this page, or maybe on the next when you read this there are some pics.

I fitted some wood into mine, suitably whittled down, but then used contact adhesive to secure the Furflex.

Ralph