Where did you drive your TR before COVID

Rather than where did you drive your car today - soooo many of us are unable to or shouldn’t with only essential travel allowed, how about we keep our spirits up with fond memories of pre- COVID times any pictures or timeframes welcome. But so much the better if they are “on this day in xxxx year” many smart phones will even remind you of the event. 
Thanks Mike (driving Brenda the 4a ) for suggesting a new thread.

go on fill you boots with happy memories. 

Not really pre COVID as this was shot just after the first lockdown ended, but nonetheless, it reminds us hopefully of what we might get back to soon. My apologies to those that may already have seen it.

Stay safe chaps, exercise common sense and hang on in there. 

“Put more water in the soup, there’s better times a comin’ “

Regards to everyone, Rodders.

Edited by modelbuilder

Some good friends from the Leicestershire TR group together in 4 TRs in Volterra, Tuscany in September 2013. A good time was had with the local auto-club despite our pathetic language skills. 

Mick

4 TRs in Tuscany.JPG

2019, Erdeven France. 4 day trip. Long beach plenty of space, clear roads. Evenings with a  great bottle of wine and  a local pizza. But the morning the fresh bread and croissant bought fresh early each morning with A local jam. Miss this last year. Hopefully not to long before it’s on the cards again.

38EB812E-3951-4301-80E5-83409444EC41.png

1 hour ago, RogerH said:

Hi Hamish,

A good thread.

Many journeys to Scotland with some lovely friends.

Where possible we always TRy to pop into Applecross for some good beer and seafood

And the Sun always shines (nearly)

Roger

IMGP2247a.jpg

Roger

it shines on the righteous 

that’s why it’s miles away from you shining on a fishing boat. 

This is me in my 3a doing a sprint at Wigan 2019. I’m still learning and trying to work out where the gear changes should be or if a gear change is needed etc then there are the braking points. 
stick with it to see my mistakes !! 
it was still fun tho.

TRaveling up and down the Scottish West coast is something the Me and Sue have had to endure for many years in the 4A (somebody has to do it)

One place we found was a small out of the way pub in Achiltibuie.        Just here

The pub served the most scrumptious Langustine and other dreadful delights.

Just below the pub on the other side of the road was a hydroponics greenhouse (very big) that grew all sorts of things - in and out of season.

The journey there and back was just lovely in the 4A.

Sadly the last time we visited the Hydroponics had gone and the pub had been taken over by the money men. The serving wenches tried their best but!!!!

Why do things get spoilt

Roger

12 minutes ago, RogerH said:

TRaveling up and down the Scottish West coast is something the Me and Sue have had to endure for many years in the 4A (somebody has to do it)

One place we found was a small out of the way pub in Achiltibuie.        Just here

The pub served the most scrumptious Langustine and other dreadful delights.

Just below the pub on the other side of the road was a hydroponics greenhouse (very big) that grew all sorts of things - in and out of season.

The journey there and back was just lovely in the 4A.

Sadly the last time we visited the Hydroponics had gone and the pub had been taken over by the money men. The serving wenches tried their best but!!!!

Why do things get spoilt

Roger

The Scottish west coast looks wonderful and was on my to do list on my motorbike before my brother moved to Switzerland and the pointy hills and Italian lakes etc beckoned for a few years 

but it’s now on my tr list 

is that north coast  500 tour worthwhile ?

as I could combine it with the Bo’ness hill climb which a lot do I think. 

Hi Hamish

I would echo Rogers comments and stay well clear of the NC500 in the high season, unless you like a lot of reversing, it's a mecca for camper vans who like driving in convoy and are driven by those who don't use reverse gear!

It's worthwhile getting the guide book (North Coast 500 guide book by Charle Tait) as this gives a lot of the alternatives to the main route, which are often of the type with lots of grass growing down the middle but unless you explore these you wouldn't come across little gems like Rogers pub in Achiltibuie.

Here's a photo of the TR4 at John o'Groats at the end of January last year

All the best

Dave

20200127_154821 (1).jpg

Edited by DaveB66

Thanks Roger and Dave. :D

Edited by Hamish
:-)

S

46 minutes ago, DaveB66 said:

I would echo Rogers comments and stay well clear of the NC500 in the high season,

Sounds the typical thing - once the tourist boards start to advertise something, it gets ruined by crowds.  I drove that route a couple of times in the late '70s and early '80s when there was virtually no other traffic,  and it was marvellous.  There was a ferry at Kylesku then, not a bridge.

7 minutes ago, pfenlon said:

TR4 on tour in Scotland, a while back now, loved the trip, sold to buy the Red Tomato, sometimes we don't always get it right, new TR4 due this year (hopefully)

P1020285.JPG

Pete I would love your DT but just can’t get on with Lhd 

Pete’s red tomato and my 3a enjoying a meet up in the sunshine 2018 

39540FDF-7468-4FC4-B741-1635C94692F3.jpeg

1 minute ago, brenda said:

we did Scotland 500 in May 2017

May is good. Not too many other visitors and the midges haven't really woken up.