Brake drum color code TR 2

Hi There,

can anybody advise the correct color code for the TR 2 brake drums? Mine were silver grey and I have repainted them with a light silver  grey 2k brake drum paint. Behind the wire wheels, this just does not look nice as the color is different to the wheel color code. ( black would be more appropriate as the drums would „hide“)

Input welcome....

Cheers

Oliver

Edited by Moliver
29 minutes ago, roger murray-evans said:

Agree with Stuart. I can't remember my exact source but matt black comes to mind. The only thing thing to remember is that none of this was written in stone!

Roger M-E

I thought they were the same finish as the chassis sort of a not too shiny black.

Stuart

"Original Triumph TR" by Bill Piggott page 99 has the brake photos captioned as

'Although brakes drums were more often finished in matt black, a gloss finish can

also be considered correct' it says 'ere!

So we're all correct!

I choose matt because I happened to have umpteen cans of bargain VHT exhaust paint to use up!

Roger M-E

In my years of selling spares I recall the cast iron drums from the factory being a semi gloss black.  The alfins came in a natural machined and cast aluminium finish which would easily polish if you were keen enough.

Peter W