scissor lift recommendations

Hi all,  

Does anyone use a scissor lift for their triumph/garage and how do you rate it . 
looking at various car lifts the scissor type looks most cost effective and takes virtually  no room up in the garage if the car is parked on top of it. 
I’m sure there must be some down sides ? 
Any opinions welcomed!

thanks . Dave 

Hi Dave,

You may want to look a little further down this page and you'll find an ongoing discussion which covers a lot of your question...here

Vehicle Lift for TR 6? - General TR Technical - TR Register Forum (tr-register.co.uk)

The scissor lift does indeed cover many areas of a home owners requirements, amongst them is the spread loading which the correct type of scissor lift allows. If you pick a scissor which folds down into it's own steel "cassette" feet joined together either end (such as the item I use and the photo shows)

P1010199.thumb.JPG.1601c4a5dcb369cb08161265c3fe3ec9.JPG

P1010191.thumb.JPG.adeec84ca7bb69617366c32ba82ae23b.JPG

it offers excellent access down the length with it's 820mm gap between the ramps, and also great corner access for the inevitable wheel off operations. The load is spread through the large 5' x 2' feet into the steel base plates and helps prevent concrete breakup...especially on old concrete which many of us have in housing of 50 plus years builds. Mine is a restricted height lift which lifts to 1 metre which allows me to sit on a rolling stool and work underneath, and still contain the height underneath (just) the roof crossbeams and cross garage storage system I have made. 

The 2 post lifts are great but place large forces into trhe floor concrete which unless made and poured with good reinforcements can cause safety problems.

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey