Mr. David Schofield

Welcome to the forum David.   There is indeed a group in your area as you can see here:

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/group/scotland

Of course that will require that you become a member of the TR Register:

https://www.tr-registershop.co.uk/membership-11-c.asp

edit .....Dohhh ! Beaten by Roger !   :P

Edited by RobH

Hi David

The local group is Clyde Valley lead by Steve Craig who is based in Largs and in normal times there is a monthly meeting near Paisley as well runs, shows etc. Steve has a TR2 and 6 and his contact details are in TR Action.

Cheers Richard

Area Director in Scotland is Stephen Hall, not the Steve Hall we all knew as the boss of TR Enterprises (now retired).

This had me confused for a while.

Ian Cornish

Hey David,

Firstly, Happy New Year !

And, what a brilliant way to start the new year by buying a Triumph TR3, well done, my family previously holidayed at Loch Eck so we know Dunoon rather well, of course in those days there was a ruddy great big submarine base, anyway that’s gone and I digress somewhat.  As Tony C mentioned you have some AMAZING roads at your disposal and I’m sure you will soon be off exploring the capabilities of your new 3.

In terms of the Scottish Group, we are split into five sections and Richard (Dic Doretti) long standing member has already intimated Dunoon falls into Clyde Valley, they are an extremely active group led by the infamous Steve Craig and under “normal” circumstances they meet monthly in Paisley for either a CHINESE or Indian meal and if I might say they don’t take themselves too seriously they just have a great time enjoying themselves and their cars.

Obviously I’m biased, but I would highly recommend joining the TR Register, we currently have 210 members spread throughout Scotland and once you’ve joined we can figure out what you like doing and hopefully support you getting maximum enjoyment from your car and membership.  Also, I’d recommend using the clubs insurance scheme for your car once you’ve joined.  Once joined, you’ll also receive our award winning magazine approximately every six weeks with all sorts of super interesting information as well as full access to our forum - some of our, let’s say, more experienced and knowledgable members have already sent you welcoming messages above.

Anyway, that’s enough for just now, you have my email address (posted above) please feel free to write to me for any extra information that you might need to help you make the right decisions for you.

Take care my friend and hopefully see you at some of our events over the year.

Stephen Hall,