LED indicator anomaly

Just fitted LEDs to my indicator circuit.  With all fitted I have an odd anomaly. All bulbs flash when I indicated, hazard warning style.  Replacing 2 of the bulbs (any 2) with incandescent bulbs solves it so I suspect  it is a resistance issue combined with the flasher unit I have, which is an electronic one.  Guess I can solve it by adding a resistor into the circuit.  

I wonder if I could harness this. Switching the  extr resister out the circuit to recreate the malfunction would give me hazard flashers which I don't currently have.  

Cheers

Tim

Did you keep the dash tell-tale as a normal bulb Tim?   On the TR6 the dash bulb is connected to both sets of indicators so it gets an earth through the bulbs on whichever side is not powered. With ordinary bulbs that works,  but if they are LEDS it is tantamount to connecting both sides together as that bulb is a very low resistance and will pass enough current to light them all.   

To fix it you need to fit either a bi-directional LED bulb

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/products/1xtriumph-tr6-tr250-spitfire-sprite-midget-green-led-indicator-warning-bulb-e10?_pos=2&_sid=e3a2c0b8f&_ss=r

or an LED with a diodes:

https://litezupp.com/WebRoot/Store5/Shops/ac0e8cab-e6c1-4d6b-ab90-9213bdc3f061/MediaGallery/Applications/TR6_Mod_for_LED_Turn_Signals_2019_6_rev_a.pdf

Edited by RobH

Rob. Suspect you are spot on. Will do some digging in the archives. 

Tim

9 hours ago, stevenphillips said:

Tim 

You can change the flasher unit ( see my previous post as I had the same issue) it's an easy job.

Steve

Thanks.  Am using a motorcycle flasher unit at the moment which has the advantage of beeping as well.  Will look into it.