Many years ago the owner  of the hard top on my TR3A glued a black felt lining to the inside. With lockdown in force it is now a job that I am starting. The outside paint is good and the special back window fixings are still solid, made for me in s/s . But the felt must come out. I have started and I am looking for a solvent to remove the remaining old Evo-Stick. Most of the felt is out but the adhesive will not clean off. 

It needs to be quite strong ,because the adhesive is old, but kind to paint in case I get careless in the cold weather.

Does anyone have any suggestions? There is a bead blaster near me but this may extend the job by a visit to the paint shop afterwards.

Thanks Richard & B.

Evostick contact adhesive remover 250ml containers or tar/adhesive remover 5 litre containers or even white spirit. Takes time and patience!
Work on my 5 project.

Good luck,

Tim

The contact adhesive used by many, as recommended by Stuart and used by myself to install a new headlining in the hardtop of my TR3 is Alpha AF178. Available from the usual trimming suppliers such as Woollies.

Cheers,

JEFFR

This works well.

Tim

20200113_103617_resized.thumb.jpg.33841fd7b70dcbd9be8690367c9f36b7.jpg