Help on Fuel Metering Unit Timing

On 1/10/2021 at 9:01 AM, Mk2 Chopper said:

Just caught up on this, great news you got it fired up and discovered the reason. Needs a lot of love, but at least it's being saved. 

Gareth

Hi Gareth, yes it does need a bit of TLC alright. Last night put in a clutch master and slave cylinder, cobbled together a half assed temporary repair on the throttle cable and it drove up on the trailer for its registration examination this morning. Cant say the little car isn't trying! Friday first start in 30 odd years and Sunday first self propelled drive, this car is going to make it.

27 minutes ago, TRier said:

Hi Gareth, yes it does need a bit of TLC alright. Last night put in a clutch master and slave cylinder, cobbled together a half assed temporary repair on the throttle cable and it drove up on the trailer for its registration examination this morning. Cant say the little car isn't trying! Friday first start in 30 odd years and Sunday first self propelled drive, this car is going to make it.

Nice work, will continue to follow your progress, good luck!

Hi folks, just a bit of feedback. Took the car to my registration inspection, it drove up on the trailer under its own steam and started and ran perfectly at the inspection so she now has her new Irish registration and I can start the restoration project without worrying about rule changes in taxation or registrations. I'll start another thread and note the problems I encounter along the way in case it helps anyone else sometime, meantime thanks again for the assistance in getting to this point.

I've got it stripped now almost to the point where I can lift the body off, its like this, I have half the car taken off, there is a quarter left and I swept up the other 1/4 and I can see a bit more sweeping in the near future, :(. On a positive note its not going to be very heavy for lifting purposes and I've ordered plenty of sheet metal!

1 hour ago, TRier said:

Hi folks, just a bit of feedback. Took the car to my registration inspection, it drove up on the trailer under its own steam and started and ran perfectly at the inspection so she now has her new Irish registration and I can start the restoration project without worrying about rule changes in taxation or registrations. I'll start another thread and note the problems I encounter along the way in case it helps anyone else sometime, meantime thanks again for the assistance in getting to this point.

I've got it stripped now almost to the point where I can lift the body off, its like this, I have half the car taken off, there is a quarter left and I swept up the other 1/4 and I can see a bit more sweeping in the near future, :(. On a positive note its not going to be very heavy for lifting purposes and I've ordered plenty of sheet metal!

Well done for getting it registered, good luck with the metal work!

Stuart.