Almost FOC bits to anyone who has a need.

Parts from TR4 mainly if anything is of use let me know just for postage payment.

Speedo cable is for a none overdrive car, don't know if the dynamo works have a gander.

The pliers was a mistake!

P1080263.JPG

P1080265.jpg

Sorry, stillp, I beat you to it by sending Pete a PM yesterday.  4VC has four of these 6RA relays (and 5 other moderns as well) and has a naughty habit of consuming the one used for the overdrive!

Ian Cornish

What a splendidly altruistic gesture, Pete.  A number of happy "customers" and some space liberated for you.

Win-win.  Well done and thank you very much.

Ian Cornish

I have had some Forum members help me out many many times, not just with information, but with spare parts as well, saving me lots of searching and money too.

I wrote a couple of times regarding the amount of members we have, and the very small amount of "Spares" advertised in Traction.

Best Pete.

1 hour ago, Dave Herrod said:

Great offer, Pete.

Bob, if the shiny bell cranky and bolt replaces a more scabby one, I would be very pleased to do buy the scabby one.

Dave.

Dave I still have this one if its what you need, shiny one went to Tim, send me your address if you need it pls

P1080266.JPG

Super service from Pete - Neil, our Postie who knows what's in my garage, rang the bell this morning and remarked "must be car parts!"

Thanks very much, Pete, for such rapid service as now I have an old, genuine, Lucas 6RA relay and, unexpectedly, an old Lucas SRB517 relay. 

The latter uses the modern pin numbering, but 86 and 30 are not in what seems to be the internationally agreed standard position, which is a curiosity.  I wonder whether Lucas did their own thing as far as pin position was concerned?  Looking onto the pins, the usual position is:

87                      with 85-86 being coil and 30-87 the contact

86   85

the Lucas SRB517(21953291) relay has this arrangement

87                       I'm assuming that 85-86 will be coil and 30-87 the contact (yet to be confirmed)

30   85

The label is on the side nearest 86.

Ian Cornish

What a great Idea and Gesture Pete, you have put that seed into my head.

I have a large number of "smalls" , as the American Pickers call them.  They should be on cars .

I will wait until you are done with your stuff, and then make a similar gesture. I hope you don't mind me copying such a  wonderfully Idea.

Good on you, 

Conrad.

Thank you, Rob.  From the data which you have posted I can see that the modern relays which I have added to 4VC over the years (mostly out of sight) are Type B.

The extra relay which Pete sent me is a Type A.

Whilst I agree that 85/86 is the coil and 30/87 the contact, I am at a loss to understand how anyone would devise two different pin-out systems for similar-looking relays which would guarantee a short-circuit if the wrong type is plugged in.  Madness!

Ian Cornish

3 hours ago, openroad said:

What a great Idea and Gesture Pete, you have put that seed into my head.

I have a large number of "smalls" , as the American Pickers call them.  They should be on cars .

I will wait until you are done with your stuff, and then make a similar gesture. I hope you don't mind me copying such a  wonderfully Idea.

Good on you, 

Conrad.

Go for it Conrad there must be shelves of bits and pieces that some could use I bet.  

4 hours ago, ianc said:

Thank you, Rob.  From the data which you have posted I can see that the modern relays which I have added to 4VC over the years (mostly out of sight) are Type B.

The extra relay which Pete sent me is a Type A.

Whilst I agree that 85/86 is the coil and 30/87 the contact, I am at a loss to understand how anyone would devise two different pin-out systems for similar-looking relays which would guarantee a short-circuit if the wrong type is plugged in.  Madness!

Ian Cornish

+1 Ian ......

4D619649-4F5D-4114-B827-7EDC1EC80F86.thumb.jpeg.2c2b20d5949bbaef8e8f66f2871043e9.jpeg

It seems I may have inadvertently sent the glove box stay to the wrong "Mike" if you have received it in error would you let me know so I can get it redirected to Mike in 

Herts. Please.

Edited by pfenlon
spelling error.