Buy spares you do not need.

After weeks of working on the fuel tank on my 3 A I was very pleased to finish it and replace all the trim.. The job has needed revisions and check up which means that I have had to return to new tasks every afternoon. So I was very pleased to finally turn on the ignition and fire up the engine. Then I noticed the fuel gauge not working. I removed the trim again, and immediately noticed the the cable had fallen off the sender. This was better than removing the sender which Bob overhauled for me years ago

We sometimes have a large car show in East Sussex where there are traders of all sorts. I know one family ,SCV, who have all sorts of parts and fittings. I have known them for many years and always like to support them by buying things that I do not need. They add to the show by having a large stand. Last time I went I bought a job lot of tools and electrical fittings.

So I was very pleased to be able to find the new , proper quality, connector and a new soldering iron both stored in the electrical box in my garage. 10 mins in the kitchen and the cable was mended, the gauge working and the trim replaced for the last time. 

It pays to  buy things you do not need immediately because on a cold wet afternoon in early January, it would be depressing to have to drive out and find a single small Lucar female connector. In any case I am in Lockdown again and the I want the job on the TR finished.

See it  buy it :unsure:

Richard & B.

That's how I feed both my Mini. Buy "half-cut", strip it down then send the bare bones for scrap.

Not a day goes without having to dig in the spares stock. That also means a dozen containers of spares at home !

IMG_9638.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-14 at 19.11.08.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-14 at 19.11.16.jpeg

Edited by Geko