Door hinge removal - TR3

Hi All,

need some help/guidance on getting my door hinges off.  The doors drop about 1/2" when they close and it keeps taking the paint off the sills.  I have removed the driver's door but cannot get the screws holding it to the 'A' post to turn or as an alternative drift the pin out.  I have used an impact driver on the screws but no joy and I am loathe to keep doing this in case I damage the slot too much.  The pin in the upper hinge rotates when you rotate the hinge and you can see the slop in the hinge, but I'm bu**ered if I can them to shift.

Any suggestions on how I might resolve this?  I can add pictures if this helps?

Thanks in advance. Laurence

No doubt others will be along with ideas, but I can see this ending up with the captive nuts in the A post turning. Heat nearly always works, but with consequential damage to paintwork because you need to get the screws almost red hot or as hot as you dare without melting the brass hinge. If you can get the mud shield off the inner wing you could keep soaking the end of the screws and captive nuts with penetrating fluid. Soak them morning and evening for at least a week and keep fingers crossed.

Alternatively if that fails you could drill the heads off the screws to get the hinge off then apply the penetrating fluid from the front and hopefully have enough of the shank left to grip with molegrips after patiently dosing with fluid as above.

Ralph