Original steel fuel, brake and clutch pipes

Am in the process of a body off restoration of my 1973 CR series car and trying to retain as much originality as possible. I would like to replace the fuel pipes, brake pipes and clutch pipes with the original steel type. (Not a fan of seeing copper pipes in the engine compartment or along the chassis.

Can anyone advise on a firm that can supply preformed pipes in steel or supply the correct dimensioned pipe with fittings?

Thanks and keep safe

Steve

4 hours ago, Iruka said:

Am in the process of a body off restoration of my 1973 CR series car and trying to retain as much originality as possible. I would like to replace the fuel pipes, brake pipes and clutch pipes with the original steel type. (Not a fan of seeing copper pipes in the engine compartment or along the chassis.

Can anyone advise on a firm that can supply preformed pipes in steel or supply the correct dimensioned pipe with fittings?

Thanks and keep safe

Steve

Pipe here Steel pipe Bleed nipples Bleed nipples 

Pipe fittings Brake pipe ends

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart.
Do you know the correct diameters for the various lines, brake, clutch, fuel (105 psi), fuel return?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Iruka said:

Thanks Stuart.
Do you know the correct diameters for the various lines, brake, clutch, fuel (105 psi), fuel return?

Thanks

3/16" for brakes/ 5/16" for clutch and 3/8" for fuel delivery / 3/16" for fuel return. Buy yourself a brown book, all the details are in there.

Stuart.

1 hour ago, stuart said:

3/16" for brakes/ 5/16" for clutch and 3/8" for fuel delivery / 3/16" for fuel return. Buy yourself a brown book, all the details are in there.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart, have got the Brown book, couldn’t find the info. Reckon on some more bedtime reading!

Steve

What’s the steel pipe like to work with? I’ve used both copper and kunifer tubing. And it’s easy to flare. Some of the smaller radii are a bit of a pig to stop distorting the tubes.

Incidently I made up some short lengths 3/16 and 5/16 copper and kunifer and took them into work to test. 7000 psi no problem even my flares stood up to the test. We have a new rig now for testing the 787 hydraulic tubes they run at 5k so the test pressure is about 12k... I may have another go!