Hope you all had a merry Xmas. I have just started rebuilding the front end and have realised that I appear to have 16 grease seals in supuerpro kit, I also have 16 in the original rubber (decided to go supuerpro after I bought the first kit). I am fitting supuerpro to the entire front end, my question is should I only need 4 either side of trunnion  or should I be fitting more elsewhere and if so where?. Additionally I am assuming I stretch the seals over the thrust washer and splined washer etc as finding them very tight to get them on. 

Many thanks for  any advice. 

Adrian

Adrian, 

Having recently done this I can say yes to the stretching over the washer and splined washer, tried different ways but this was the only way that worked. What have you fitted to the lower inner arms? If you have fitted poly bushes to these then you don't need the other 8. These were mean to be used with the standard nylon bushes that were used in that position on the later side screen cars. I must admit, I've gone for poly bush in this area as well so I'm in the same position. 

I think from a handling point of view the nylon bushes on the low inner is what people recommend. However I'm not really able to tell the difference to be honest. Well actually I have noticed I no longer have squeeky suspension. 

Neil

To stop the squeaking with nylon bushes, squirt Masterlube into each side of each bush.  After a few applications, the squeaking will cease.

How do I know?  Because 4VC was fitted with nylon bushes when rebuilt in the early 1990s and the front suspension started squeaking not too long afterwards.  I discovered this juice when the father of another lad at my son's school heard the squeaking and gave be a can of the stuff - I found it worked so told Neil Revington, who then started flogging it.

Ian Cornish

Hi

I have now got seals etc fitted and am tightening everything up, however I fitted a new bottom trunnion which has no hole for split pin and was supplied with a nylock nut. My question is how tight should I tighten the nylock nut to obtain the 0.004_0.012 end float and did you then back off 1_2 flats to get the end float? 

Thanks

Adrian