Lead Loading - Successful - I think!

Hello, first attempt today with my Christmas present, followed Stuarts tips and a couple I found on YouTube, first attempt, more on the floor than the wing so I clamped a piece of wood underneath to trap the molten lead and I think the results speak for themselves, hopefully it won't fall out, I have the other front wing to sort in exactly the same place!  Safe New Year everyone, cheers, Andrew

Wing1.jpg

Wing2.jpg

With a large hole like that what I do is using higher temperature solder (not lead) solder a piece of steel into the hole to act as a base, tap it back a bit and then lead over the top. Well done though for persevering.

Stuart.

I've been repairing mine this week; repair panel and mig.

That area does form a lovely little bucket for road dirt so I was going to fill it with seam sealer before painting over it.........unless anyone can suggest a better solution.

IMG_4942.jpg

Hi Drewmotty (or is it Andrew), I am reluctant to fill it with any sort of sealer in case moisture gets trapped behind it, my thought was to put a coat of rust converter and then seal with white hammerite, happy to be advised differently, cheers, Andrew  PS Lovely job, hoe did you get the straight edges?

Edited by AndrewMAshton

I make sure that the inside is well covered with Bonda rust and then seam seal around the edge of the repair then stone chip/prime/paint/waxoyl. That`ll out last all of us.

Stuart.