Is this car in the Club. 

mover rare Topaz. 21st from last car made. 

I bought it in or around 87. Original 50k miles hard top car.  

I know it’s pictured in Rimmers Parts Brochure. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lee,

Great to hear you have found some bits and pieces. I know we briefly caught up before a long long time ago. The 6 is alive a very well and in rude health! I have owned her now for 33 years! It has always been a high quality car as you probably know. Its had some changes and is more while its old engine seemed an unusually revvy and quick one its had some tweaks over time. You would still recognise her though!  

Be good to email eachother

Cheers,

Craig

IMG_3539.JPG

IMG_3543.JPG

58 minutes ago, TRTOM2498PI said:

Great looking TR, Craig.

They look like the Racelite (Magnesium wheels) ?

Good choice of wing mirror too !

Cheers.

Thank-you very much, I appreciate that. And yes they are the Racelites. It has had the original steels on - as you can see in the Rimmer Brochure. (A photographer approached a few of us one International and we went round have the cars photos taken and I got some nice original prints sent). I personally like the look of the steel wheels, but wanted wider tyres so then it had some Minilitee style ones. Then I got the opportunity at getting some good value wider Racelites and because I had still not quite grown up went for it. Overall I have wanted to keep the look of the 6, but just thought the mirrors set the slightly-more-purposeful-look off better and especially being black against the Topaz yellow. You can't really tell because the ground slopes at all angles, but the car is lower all round and has a slight nose-down stance and it has a slightly deeper bib spoiler. 

20 hours ago, Craig CJ said:

Thank-you very much, I appreciate that. And yes they are the Racelites. It has had the original steels on - as you can see in the Rimmer Brochure. (A photographer approached a few of us one International and we went round have the cars photos taken and I got some nice original prints sent). I personally like the look of the steel wheels, but wanted wider tyres so then it had some Minilitee style ones. Then I got the opportunity at getting some good value wider Racelites and because I had still not quite grown up went for it. Overall I have wanted to keep the look of the 6, but just thought the mirrors set the slightly-more-purposeful-look off better and especially being black against the Topaz yellow. You can't really tell because the ground slopes at all angles, but the car is lower all round and has a slight nose-down stance and it has a slightly deeper bib spoiler. 

The mirrors, wheels and spoiler do look well.  Here is my creation.

BlytonA.jpg

Superb Craig. So pleased you still have the car.  I did many a TR tour inc Paris with the club in my courting years. I loved that car. 

It only had a Hard top from factory. I bought it wearing 215/60 rubber, unusually large for 5.5” wheels. 

Are those Racelites 7”?  

I had 7” wolfies on it which I still have. 

E02F36AC-3F30-4F98-AD7B-4F679030B6DC.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Hi Craig

Was browsing, as you do, and came across LNT 15P which I owned in the 1980's.

It was brilliant to see him/her in such beautiful condition still. I loved the car just as much as you obviously do.

Purchased the car from a guy in Leeds and it came on Wolfrace wheels so I quickly changed those back to original steels which I much preferred.

I do approve of the Minilite type wheels you have now !

I had some work done by Racetorations in Gainsborough including the fitting of the Spax rear suspension kit and the car always went very well.

Just looking at some photos of it now in my drive at Markington near Ripon and on a TR run in the Lake District and at Tatton Park.

Nostalgia is so powerful.......seems like only yesterday etc !

Best wishes,

Charles Hill