Chrome v stainless bumpers

Hi All

My TR6 bumpers have rust damage and are in need of rechroming . dilema, rechrome or new stainless .  Has anyone any experiance of quality, longevity and price for chrome and quality and fit for stainless ? Also any other issues,  originality, company locations etc

Cheers

Rob, 

South Wales

I changed to stainless on my previous Stag, Was very pleased with them and when I need to replace the ones on my 4 I will choose stainless again.

....... Andy 

Re-chroming is expensive but it does give a nicer high quality finish which should be long lasting if looked after. Also if you re-chrome your originals at least you know they will fit properly. Sometimes it can be a bit and miss with repro parts.

Back in 2008 I had to have my tr4 rear bumper reshaped and re chromed after a bump in the back in Le Mans, as a new one wasn't available at the time It was done by Chrome Restoration Services in Sheffield it looked so good when it came back that I sent the front one to them. They still look as good now, no point in quoting you the cost as too many years ago, found them from the NEC Show they might not even be trading now..

PHIL...