My 1965 TR4 with all steel white dashboard, is missing the key to the cubby door lock.

No number is visible on the lock itself.

Would the number be the same as the ignition switch key? (which I don't have, but could get one for the ign sw shows its number.)

Edited by pfenlon
spelling error

If its got the original boot lock then it will be the same as that more likely, the number for that is stamped on the square extension bar that goes through the catch. To find the number on the ignition switch you can get the barrel out by inserting a rivet stalk through the hole in the side of the escutcheon threaded portion and depress the plunger inside.

Stuart.

1 minute ago, tr graham said:

peter

if you remove it from the cubby box lid . and clean it carefully there is a number i believe on the end , or if not it is on the side somewhere .

regards

graham

Never found a number on my original one in my 4a.

Stuart.

20 hours ago, Pogo said:

Pete

These should be able to make you a key from the lock - https://keyfax-manchester.co.uk/

I've used them in the past and they are very good.

Not far from you in Dukinfield.

Rog

Been there before Roger, never thought of them    Douhhhh.

On 12/21/2020 at 3:44 PM, stuart said:

If its got the original boot lock then it will be the same as that more likely, the number for that is stamped on the square extension bar that goes through the catch. To find the number on the ignition switch you can get the barrel out by inserting a rivet stalk through the hole in the side of the escutcheon threaded portion and depress the plunger inside.

Stuart.

Will do and thank you.

Always found it surprising how few keys there appears to be, I remember (I don't now how) that my first car,64 mini had FS 932 my second mini 66, had FS 936, I sold my 64 mini to my cousin and found that as the keys were worn with a little big of wiggling about we could start each others cars,,

Phil...

47 minutes ago, lynchpin said:

Always found it surprising how few keys there appears to be, I remember (I don't now how) that my first car,64 mini had FS 932 my second mini 66, had FS 936, I sold my 64 mini to my cousin and found that as the keys were worn with a little big of wiggling about we could start each others cars,,

Phil...

That was always the case back then with all the FP/FR/FS series keys.

Stuart.