Fuel gauge/sender and How to Calibrate the Fuel Guage.

23 hours ago, John McCormack said:

Understood thanks Stuart. There are a lot of very valuable posts in this forum, is there a reason this particular post is the one to be at the top? .

As this is the only pinned post, it always stays at the top, normally in a forum you'll have a few pinned posts of highly useful information, but so far this is our only one. General has four so far. 

Gareth

Edited by Mk2 Chopper
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got one of those on the split and whilst they work well, they’re a hell of a lot more fiddly than using the gauge screw method.

Ideal for linking unmatched gauges and senders, but where you’re starting with OE spec components they’re unnecessary imo.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Casar66 said:

maybe something for the administration here: why is that thread pinned and always listed on #1?

Because it is a question which often comes up, and pinning the thread means the answer is readily available without searching. The 'General' forum has a few of them for the same reason. 

9 hours ago, Casar66 said:

mmh, I don't need that.

You shouldn't really see it unless you always start viewing the forum from the very beginning.  If you use the 'activity' options you get only the most recent posts. 

I always assumed that the threads would be at the top with the latest replies. Which is the case, but not for this one thread. 
The last entry (before mine) is from October 2022, so I can't see the point.

The whole point of pinning a thread is that it always appears at the top where it can easily be found. There would be no point in pinning it anywhere else.  As I said, the 'General TR Technical' forum is the same. Below the pinned threads, they appear newest-first. The other forums have no pinned threads yet. 

If you only want to see new posts, use the 'Activity' function - that is what it is for. 

1 hour ago, Casar66 said:

I always assumed that the threads would be at the top with the latest replies. Which is the case, but not for this one thread. 
The last entry (before mine) is from October 2022, so I can't see the point.

You’re doing a cracking job of keeping this at the top of the threads list, irrespective of whether it’s a sticky or not. Maybe just let it go ?

33 minutes ago, Jonny TR6 said:

You’re doing a cracking job of keeping this at the top of the threads list, irrespective of whether it’s a sticky or not. Maybe just let it go ?

:lol: