On 12/17/2021 at 6:12 PM, roy53 said:

Which is why i am thinking of the straight inline 6 BMW although the Nissen used by some in the States deserves looking into

Hi Roy,

I have the BMW straight 6 M50 engine fitted in mine, together with a BMW 5 speed box. I didn't do the conversion and there were / are a few snags that still need working on - if you are thinking of it, feel free to come and see it.

Cheers,

Rob

• 7 months later...

Bit of an update. Turbo charger removed, and upgraded from a 2WD to 4WD spec.  Then more modern internals & upgrades inside. 270 degree bearing removed & fitted with a 360 degree bearing, which increases the reliability of the unit, & allows a safer way of running higher boost pressure. Thankfully the car came with a spare set of bigger injectors, as the current ones run out of fuel at 350bhp, which will be required for the new turbo charger.

T3C.jpg

43 minutes ago, CP26309 said:

So, as it's no longer a 'Historic Vehicle' by DVLA definition you have to pay annual Car Tax I assume, so how do the DVLA calculate it, from the MOT emissions? if so what does it cost annually just out of interest?

Ouch!

Regards

Bill 

On 8/15/2022 at 12:23 PM, CP26309 said:

So, as it's no longer a 'Historic Vehicle' by DVLA definition you have to pay annual Car Tax I assume, so how do the DVLA calculate it, from the MOT emissions? if so what does it cost annually just out of interest?

The engine was installed in 1990, so there are no issues in that regard. I believe it is if any modifications of this sort in the last 30 years, which would mean 1992.  The V5 was updated with the Cosworth engine size (CC),  & engine number at this time also.

• 4 weeks later...

I got my brother on polishing duties at the weekend, & the old girl has polished up quite well !  It is my no means perfect, but not bad at all.  The new turbo charger and general mechanical make-over, has really changed the experience.  It has always pulled hard & strong, but now it just takes off & screams !

TR6.Polished.jpg

• 1 year later...