On 12/30/2020 at 4:38 PM, TRTOM2498PI said:

**Update**

Despite the snow yesterday, which is not ideal in a 300bhp TR6, I took it for a detailed service.  

Jobs on the list as follows:-

1. Cambelt and tensioner.

2. Thermostat and gasket.

3. Fresh anti-freeze and Millers Extra cool additive.

4. Set of plugs.

5. Fanbelt.

6. Rotor arm and distributor cap were new a few thousand miles ago.

Car requires new fuel filter and rear wheel cylinders and shoes, so that will be stage to,  Also got the new number plates made up and new Cosumph & injection badge.

Here are a few pictures.

Cheers.

RF7.jpg

RF6.jpg

RF5.jpg

RF4.jpg

RF3.jpg

RF2.jpg

RF1.jpg

I see you have put a drop of good stuff in her 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, TRTOM2498PI said:

Exciting times ahead. Stage 2, 320bhp tuning enhancement kit has now arrived.  The 3" exhaust system from turbo to tail-pipe tip will have to wait.

Tune1.jpg

:o:o:o:o

Stuart.

18 minutes ago, ntc said:

+1 good engine but you can go ott 

A well-set up stage 2, should be sufficient. I think when you start talking stage 3 (T34 turbo) & Group A head-gasket, etc, and another set of injectors, that is when you could say you begin to chase BHP.  It is plenty pokey enough now, brutal power and torque delivery, but this set-up will give another 10psi of boost pressure, so could be interesting ?

3 hours ago, ntc said:

Better to have a map system that you decide what you require as and when needed with a touch of a button 

A more modern management system with an intelligent ECU is unquestionably the way to go. Let's not forget, this is a very old fashioned set-up, but an effective one. However, I have to stop spending somewhere, and for the use the car will get, I will just operate it with the Cosworth system. Once the 3" exhaust is installed, it will go for final mapping. Apparently I can have different maps, lets say, low power if it is damp, to high power for dry weather.  Think that would be worth exploring !

TR6 diff with Quaife ATB is coping well thus far.

16 hours ago, ntc said:

Better to have a map system that you decide what you require as and when needed with a touch of a button 

Bit like the old days of Nitrous kits, big red button and gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Stuart.

• 1 month later...

Had a productive day on Saturday.

320bhp tuning enhancement kit now installed on the TR6.  It has gone from producing 15psi peak, and holding 11psi,  to around 25psi, and holding 20. Lively to double lively best describes it. Still running a TR6 diff, with 4:1CWP and Quaife ATB, but not sure for how long ?

Kit comprised of:

·         Bosch Dark Green injectors (Ford RS Cosworth). Capable of flowing enough fuel for 350BHP.

·         3-Bar MAP sensor.

·         -31 wastegate actuator.

·         Denso Iridium IK27 spark plugs. Suitable for power levels from 250-450BHP.

·         Custom calibrated chip.

Fitting instructions.jpg

• 4 months later...

9-bolt flywheel. Standard Cosworth engineering. I have 9 new ARP bolts to go in, plus a new spigot bush, and 3 piece clutch. Standard Motorcraft Ford clutch plate was found inside, and was more than adequate to absorb stage 2 power.  A Helix organic 3-piece clutch will be used to replace this though, and centre plate springs are loose.

Gearbox Removal 3.jpg

Hi Tom

How are you finding the difference between your 2 TRs as your triumph 6cyl is fairly modified ?

i take it that it has a ford gearbox ?  How is the leaver position ?

Roy

41 minutes ago, roy53 said:

Hi Tom

How are you finding the difference between your 2 TRs as your triumph 6cyl is fairly modified ?

i take it that it has a ford gearbox ?  How is the leaver position ?

Roy

Hi Roy,

The power delivery and torque of the Cosworth is nothing short of breath taking. So strong and relentless.  

The 6 cyl car is a better overall drive. This is also quick, but engine is getting a little tired, so once it has had some magic sprinkled back into it, I will let you know. I have a Newman PH5 race cam, for it, Colisbro valve guides, and generally, will have all compressions restored.

You will still not beat the sound of a well tuned Triumph 6 cyl. 

It runs a T5 Borg Warner gearbox, with quick shift. It has a nice gear change, but not as good change as the TR one. TR one is slicker, and o/d is always a nice feature.

Cheers.

5 hours ago, TRTOM2498PI said:

Hi Roy,

The power delivery and torque of the Cosworth is nothing short of breath taking. So strong and relentless.  

You will still not beat the sound of a well tuned Triumph 6 cyl. 

Which is why i am thinking of the straight inline 6 BMW although the Nissen used by some in the States deserves looking into

Hi Tom , glad to hear that you are loving your car, and have plans to keep her at max torque.

I am looking forward to you Not asking me if i want a ride, nothing personal,  heheheheheh. 

Have a good Christmas,  

Conrad.

On 12/18/2021 at 9:46 AM, openroad said:

Hi Tom , glad to hear that you are loving your car, and have plans to keep her at max torque.

I am looking forward to you Not asking me if i want a ride, nothing personal,  heheheheheh. 

Have a good Christmas,  

Conrad.

Hi Conrad,

I must admit, it does nip on a bit.  Hold on to your hat if you ever some for a spin ? :)

You too mate, have a good one.

Cheers,

Tom.