Shipping Parts - Best Options

Just a note to let people know that I ordered something from the UK on Thursday and it arrived today.

DHL people.  There is no substitute for international shipping.

This is particularly directed at a well known parts company that needs to work on it's customer service.

I can vouch for dhl also

boat parts ordered monday morning delivered to Denia in spain thuesday lunchtime

’how do they do that?’

steve

Edited by Steves_TR6
9 hours ago, Steves_TR6 said:

I can vouch for dhl also

boat parts ordered monday morning delivered to Denia in spain thuesday lunchtime

’how do they do that?’

steve

Is that Tuesday or Thursday ??

Ralph

Oops !
Tuesday

i received a notofication of ‘next day delivery’ which i queried but it was true.

steve

We receive parcels from relatives in Germany occasionally, they are sent via Deutsch Post/DHL which is great until they arrive in UK at which point the DP subsidiary takes over, also known as UK Mail. 

UK Mail’s delivery team are using satnavs that still don’t feature our 4 year old house and as a result they send a text to advise us that the package is at the depot awaiting collection. And then on one occasion after I had talked the courier “in”, he rapped on our new high security and soundproof door with his hand held computer service and left a dent in its outer skin. So it not all good with a German organisation. 

Rgds Ian

If this company decides to seriously get into the parts business for our cars they will take massive market share from everyone else.  Everyone I know who deals with them sings their praises.  Not there yet though.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/triumph,1960,tr3a,2.0l+l4,1436208,steering,steering+gear+housing+seal,7352

Edited by David Owen
15 minutes ago, David Owen said:

If this company decides to seriously get into the parts business for our cars they will take massive market share from everyone else.  Everyone I know who deals with them sings their praises.  Not there yet though.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/triumph,1960,tr3a,2.0l+l4,1436208,steering,steering+gear+housing+seal,7352

I have used them for stuff and yes they are good.

Stuart.

1 hour ago, stuart said:

I have used them for stuff and yes they are good.

Stuart.

There is a serious lack of competition in the TR market.  3D printing should impact that and some quality issues.

Edited by David Owen

I have placed an order for two years worth of service parts for Kedr to be delivered this week, before Brexit messes with deliveries!

• 4 weeks later...

Hahaha....my friends son ordered Miata parts, he lives near me in Southern Ontario, from that company with customer service issues.  The package went to New Zealand.  When asked what they were going to do about it that company said "you'll get it eventually".

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhere in England ( although it could be anywhere in the world) is a package I ordered 3 weeks ago from Woolies Trim. They despatched it the same day by Royal Mail first class. When it had not arrived by last Tuesday I emailed them and they immediately sent out a replacement package marked up as such and I had it on Thursday. Still wondering if the original order may turn up someday, but all credit to Woolies for great customer service.

Ralph