Experience with upgraded rear damper links?

Hi Steve

I was having failures of the ball on the links on my TR5 so got a set of upgrades from CDD. They were fitted over a year ago and both sides are still OK. Others will no doubt have views soon.

Mike

34 minutes ago, SteveB21 said:

Thanks Mike

CDD was my preferred option, so will go with them in the absence of any other views!

Hi Steve

I bought the Rimmers uprated rear drop links earlier this year and were very pleased with them.

2 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Steve,

the TRShop in Chiswick also do the uprated link (similar shape to the Rimmer picture)  £17

https://www.trshop.co.uk/special.html

Roger

Hi Roger.

Hope you and Sue are keeping well and your recovery went well.

Are those not the TR2-4 ones.

Be careful with the non uprated copies of the original items. Theres some real shoddy ones on the market. The set I purchased were not fit for purpose & I ended up refitting my original ones.

Alan

52 minutes ago, super6al said:

Be careful with the non uprated copies of the original items. Theres some real shoddy ones on the market. The set I purchased were not fit for purpose & I ended up refitting my original ones.

Alan

Alan - what was the problem with them?

Hi - see attached copy & original. The ball joint to link arm is undercut causing a stress raiser & the rubber is not fully enclosed which may or may not be a problem but on a suspension part I wasn't prepared to take the risk.

IMG_3760.jpg

IMG_3761.jpg

Therse are getting there but they still have single sheer attachment at the shock arm.  Really need a fork at both ends and the taper removing from the lever arm.

https://www.goodparts.com/product/shock-link-set-rear-tr4a-tr6-rod-end/

image.png.7f34ad30a0ed399abf09be6747819e87.png