How Did You Meet Your Other Half?

I don't know (or can't remember, take your pick), if this has been run before, if so, I can remove it, but, there is similar on another forum and I thought it might be worth a try here;

Anyway, how did you meet your other half?

To be fair, I'll kick off;

1st saw her when the school bus was dropping her brother off at our all boys school;
The Saint Birinus Academy for the Sons of Gentlefolk.

1st date;
Fixed up by me writing a short note, gave it to my sister, who went to the girls grammer shool, where she gave it to SWMBO sister, who went to the same school, who gave it to SWMBO, who went to the girls Secondary Modern school, when they met on the school bus, on the way home.

With me so far?

My letter writing seemed to work, as, a couple of letters later, our 1st date was at the local Baptist Church youth club; 08/09/68

Roger and I first met at the twenty first birthday party of my classmates sister when the three of us were aged 20. All 3 girls went to Swakeleys Academy for young ladies in Ickenham. 
Roger and his friend and classmate Hugh, Janice’s boyfriend, were also classmates. Did you follow that?

Janice’s sister was called Carole.

Roger and Hugh went to Our Lady and St Anselms Catholic School in Hayes, I always vowed I would not marry a Catholic.

Edited by SuzanneH
4 hours ago, stillp said:

I didn't realise you were a son of gentlefolk!

Pete

Oh yes, very much so.

Son of a Warwickshire gentleman blacksmith/sailor and a Lancashire lady scientist and mother

1 hour ago, SuzanneH said:

Roger and I first met at the twenty first birthday party of my classmates sister when the three of us were aged 20. All 3 girls went to Swakeleys Academy for young ladies in Ickenham. 
Roger and his friend and classmate Hugh, Janice’s boyfriend, were also classmates. Did you follow that?

Janice’s sister was called Carole.

Roger and Hugh went to Our Lady and St Anselms Catholic School in Hayes, I always vowed I would not marry a Catholic.

Never say never Sue, it comes back to bite you and to be fair, he polished up alright, under your tutelage.

32 minutes ago, foster461 said:

I met my wife for the first time in 1982 when I drove from Geneva in my TR6 and picked her up at Heathrow airport (she just got off a plane from Boston)  after which we drove up to the Lake District to attend the Lakes tour in Newby Bridge

Stan

Talk about going the extra mile!

Did you know what you were driving into?

Who said romance is dead.

This is how I met my wife in 1994 .

Being a kiwi on his big OE in London I got pissed off when drinking in west end pubs if you put your beer down on a table the bloody staff would clear it away. Anyway to avoid that situation whilst out on a bender with my mates I turned round to the leggy blonde next to me and said “hold my beer love while I go for a pee”  When I came back I was pleased to see the blond looking confused and more importantly still holding my beer. It was only when I thanked her that I figured out she was French and didn’t really understand a word. 26 years and 3 kids later I still think she is a bit confused :D

cheers

Alan

1 hour ago, wjgco said:

Talk about going the extra mile!

Did you know what you were driving into?

Nope. We had a great time on the Lakes tour, had the work project meeting in Reading that we had planned to have the week after. I returned home to Geneva, she went home to Boston and soon after, she bought the TR6 that we have now. In 1983 we both finagled work relocation to the UK when we became a proper couple and in 1986 relocated again this time to the USA. Got married in Las Vegas in 1990.

I met my wife when a friend of mine walked into my local pub with her (1979).  Two days later I bumped into her in a nightclub, where she invited me to join her and her friends. The two male friends among the them were not pleased by this invite, but she and I arranged to meet up and that is what happened a couple of days later. This coming May we will have been married for 40 years. I never expected that! I just thought she looked nice!

TT

On 12/13/2020 at 7:07 PM, Kiwifrog said:

Who said romance is dead.

This is how I met my wife in 1994 .

Being a kiwi on his big OE in London I got pissed off when drinking in west end pubs if you put your beer down on a table the bloody staff would clear it away. Anyway to avoid that situation whilst out on a bender with my mates I turned round to the leggy blonde next to me and said “hold my beer love while I go for a pee”  When I came back I was pleased to see the blond looking confused and more importantly still holding my beer. It was only when I thanked her that I figured out she was French and didn’t really understand a word. 26 years and 3 kids later I still think she is a bit confused :D

cheers

Alan

Alan

At the risk of sounding a little rude (but not my intention), it sounds as though you are punching above your weight