TR4 DOOR QUESTION

Good day all. I attach 3 shots of door end hex headed screws and internally the plates they secure.  I am planning ss replacements, but the plate in R door moved as I loosened top screw and I am unsure what those plates are for and proper positioning for them!  I have tried to locate the parts in supplier catalogues, but to no avail. I would appreciate any shots and setting-up advice.

Wishing you all good health      Willie

P1130996 Left.JPG

P1130983 Right.JPG

P1130997 R door screws zinc plated.JPG

Thanks Neil. Do you have any shots of how the alignment is meant to be?  When I loosened the top screw I had my left hand holding the nutarea but it moved, so I am ata loss as to exact position! Dumb of me I know!1

Willie

Its possible the rivets that hold those plates to the window slides have come loose as well.

Stuart.

Willie,

Ref comment by Stuart on rivets.

Yes, part of window guides. I have just removed both my guides as part of door refurb. ALL the bracket plates, 3 on each side, were loose on the channel and making glass movement poor. Removed all felt and then tightened up the rivets as best I could but also welded them as well. Lowest setting on the welder as it’s thin material.

Proceeded to fit replacement felt in guides (1/8 x 1” from Woolies) as per guidance from Tim T in thread ’Door window channel felt’ not too long ago in tr4 section. Worked well. Thanks Tim.

David B

Edited by David B2
Detail