Hamilton’s belated contract negotiations will have taken on a lower cost with a new lower cost dimension after the Sakhir GP.

Possibly he is not the only man who could deliver for Mercedes next year.

Superb drive by George.

Alan

Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory by the Mercedes team I'm afraid.
Well done Perez, making the most of what he had, and showing up many other drivers, hope he gets a seat next year
Ian

5 hours ago, barkerwilliams said:

Hamilton’s belated contract negotiations will have taken on a lower cost with a new lower cost dimension after the Sakhir GP.

Possibly he is not the only man who could deliver for Mercedes next year.

Superb drive by George.

Alan

There's only one team who would be after Hamilton and one team Hamilton would leave Mercedes for...IF the red car team can persuade Hamilton they have a competitive car for next year...which they won't. I expect Hammy to take another title with Mercedes with Russel as No2 if, depending on his contract he can get released from Williams, Bottas had a career destroying race and his position is vulnerable.

Mick Richards 

No misfit, anyone who knows the result, but didn't watch would find wAtching well.worthwhile!   So many exciting moves and overtakes.  Plus of course the dramas in the last few laps (my lips are sealed!)

JOhn

No one started a conspiracy theory about Hamilton getting someone to fix the race if George was doing well. You don’t need to be a great driver to win a Grand Prix-just have the fastest car.

just rattling the cage to see what falls out :rolleyes:

Paul

Was tempted to post similar.

Brought the two cars in when it wasn't necessary and mucked up Russell's change so he had to pit again - then when it looked like he might still win, brought him in for a dubious puncture when he was still setting quick times........

Edit - not sure Hamilton was behind any shenanigans, but the team might have not wanted a Russell dominant win?

Edited by Rod1883

Why ever not?    A win is a win, and they buggered up Bottas' tyre-change as badly as Russell, losing both sets of points.   OK, Mercedes is unassailable for the Constructor's Championship, as is Hamilton so why not have some fun?    It could have been pure mischief/evil, but what possible advantage?     

In race tuning, suspension or engine, it's a wellknown feature that at the peak of performance, a tiny change can have big effect, whereas if you are off the peak, it can take a big change to have any effect.      Some tiny change in the highly tuned machine that is the Mercedes pit had a massive effect.  Toto Wolff said that there was a fault in the comms system to the technicians, half of whom didn't get a vital message.   That would be enough.

If nothing else, this was one of the most entertaining races this season - for many seasons!     I return to my plan for keys in a hat before each race!     

JOhn

Edited by john.r.davies

Further:    Quote Wollf on another site: "Overall for us it was just a colossal f**k up. [no kidding!  JD] One of the tyre crews didn’t hear the call, we had a radio failure in the garage and when the car came in we didn’t know we had changed the tyres on the wrong tyres.  We had to pit again. Then the race was not lost, but it was just then one bad thing comes then… It was a safety stop, we were fine on the hard, but we had the gap. I think it’s the right call.”

I noticed one of the tecnicians run around the front of the car, carrying a tyre.      Was it that they fitted the tyre on the wrong side?   Tyres like that are handed, with their internal construction for right or left, and as Wolff says, could have fallen apart if run the wrong way.

4 hours ago, john.r.davies said:

Why ever not

Maybe it was the much higher ups at Mercedes looking to the Future?. The race authorities are always looking for ways to equal out the racing teams by not letting those with the most money always seeming to win. They make changes to rules to try and reduce this(and quite right IMHO). Mercedes have always tried to reduce the amount of rule changing by saying well the car is good but we have the very best driver. Maybe with George looking like winning very easily the argument falls down and more changes than Mercedes want would occur?

just a thought. More cage rattling:rolleyes:

Very coincidental don’t you think!!! I mean they are among the very best at pit stuff.

20 minutes ago, john.r.davies said:

For me, the Conspiracy Theory of History doesn't stand up beside the CockUp Theory!

And this was the most monumental CockUp!

Very coincidental don’t you think!!! I mean they are among the very best at the pit stop stuff.

2 hours ago, john.r.davies said:

For me, the Conspiracy Theory of History doesn't stand up beside the CockUp Theory!

And this was the most monumental CockUp!

+1

Cock up in my opinion.

Right now, there are more than enough meritless conspiracy theories in the USA, we don't need any more!

Nigel