coast to coast 2021 vacancy

As there now seems to be some optimism that things will be getting back to something like normal next year i'm pleased to say that unless we declare war or something equally bad then the C2C run will be taking place next June 14th/15th - which to save anyone looking it up is on the Monday and Tuesday.   

If anyone would like to enter I have just one place left to fill.  The Start is at Portchester Castle and will end at a secret destination in North Wales.  The two hotels have been booked on a bed, breakfast and evening meal basis and it promises to be an interesting jaunt across some very varied countryside.  PM me for further details if you are interested.  

Hoges 

11 minutes ago, harlequin said:

C2C is not exclusive to Club Triumph, the railway from London to Southend is also called the C2C (City to Coast)

George 

Indeed George. But we have lifted our title straight from CT. Surely we can be original.

Roger

Thank you for this Roger, I would deem it a courtesy if the TRR event name could be changed. For many years Club Triumph ran a Historic Counties Event every Spring, an overnight scatter rally type event. In 2018 we decided to replace this with a Coast to Coast run to take place over the Drive It Day weekend in April. The first C2C route took us from Anglesey Circuit to Southwold and in 2019 we enjoyed a great drive from Ravenglass to Scarborough and then on to the Drive It Day event at Bicester Heritage Centre. The 2020 C2C was to have taken us from Southport to Flamborough Head via Gretna Green, taking in the Yorks Wolds and Moors. Covid 19 put paid to that of course but the route planning will not go to waste, this event will be run when it can be done safely and compliantly. Support for our C2C has grown and it now ranks a strong third behind the RBRR and 10CR in CT's list of established driving events.

Tim

Anglesey Circuit, 21st April 2018.JPG

Anglesey Circuit April 2018.JPG

Coast 2 Coast Rally Plaque 2019.JPG

C2C T shirt 2019.jpg

On 12/4/2020 at 9:47 AM, RogerH said:

Hi Paul,

Club TRiumph created the event names Coast 2 Coast and C2C - I have the sticker

Shouldn't we be using a different original name.

Roger

On 12/4/2020 at 10:22 AM, RogerH said:

Indeed George. But we have lifted our title straight from CT. Surely we can be original.

Roger

Hi Roger,  I have only just been made aware of this by Tim Hunt  but to set the record straight. I didn't lift it from Club Triumph . In fact as I have told Tim, I didn't even know they did a C2C run.  and why should I ? I'm not a member of Club Triumph. 

I organised a coast to Coast run last year with TRR backing and no complaints. This time the run is entitled 'Coast to Coast 2- The Italianate Job' 

However, as I have pointed out to Tim, the name Coast to Coast clearly says what the event is.  How could you re name a run that went from Lands End to John O'Groats?  I don't think you can because it is what it is.  

And finally, the event is now closed as I'm pleased to say the final place has now been taken up. 

Hoges. 

C2C runs are almost as old as automobiles, I believe the first was in America in 1909 and then ofcourse there is the Cannonball run. As you say Paul 'who cares' its just good of Paul Hogan to spend all the time and effort to organise the event.

George 

46 minutes ago, harlequin said:

C2C runs are almost as old as automobiles, I believe the first was in America in 1909 and then ofcourse there is the Cannonball run. As you say Paul 'who cares' its just good of Paul Hogan to spend all the time and effort to organise the event.

George 

+1...

...whatever it is called!

Sorry, meant to agree that neither C2C, Coast to Coast, Coast2Coast or whatever are in any way protected names and good one Paul in organising the 2021 run!

(and I think the photo above is from Whitehaven at the start/end of the cycling C2C!)

Edited by Malcolm Tatton

Thanks to Pauls efforts l’m really looking forward to that run, “all being well,” whatever it’s called. After everything that’s gone on or hasn’t gone on this year, surely it’s not that important in the scheme of things, I just want to enjoy it. I can’t remember Paul where the Italianate job came from, perhaps “da Costa a Costa”. 
Quindi grazie signor Hogan ben fatto.

Edited by Misfit

For the benefit of Misfit Derek  the Italianate Job in the title stems from the fact that we are starting from the old ROMAN castle at Portchester and having an Italian meal the night before hand.  We are also going through some countryside the Romans tried but failed to subdue and calling in at a very pretty Italian village en route where we my have a cappuccino or two before heading off to 'France'!  We will NOT be calling in at Costa Coffee or Pizza Hut unless we face a dire emergency! 

Hoges .

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed the front cover of TR Action - another Club Triumph  name the RBRR, the Register’s Round Britain Relay Run (RBRR) for TS2.

Graham

On 12/20/2020 at 3:04 PM, OldBob said:

“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.”

― Oscar Wilde

Make of that what you will !

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I noticed the Round Britain Relay Run announcement on the cover of the latest TRaction and my reaction was much the same as Oscar's! Some may not be aware that TS2 successfully completed the real RBRR in 2010, along with the Register's Coca Cola TR7.

Tim

TS2.jpg

1 hour ago, tim hunt said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I noticed the Round Britain Relay Run announcement on the cover of the latest TRaction and my reaction was much the same as Oscar's! Some may not be aware that TS2 successfully completed the real RBRR in 2010, along with the Register's Coca Cola TR7.

Tim

Never mind the 2010 RBRR, TS2 had already, and originally, completed a round Britain relay between all the local groups several years ago, ably organised by Duncan Jolly.

(Tim - The conditions on the 2010 RBBR were horrendously wet most of the weekend, but both the Coke car (Wayne Scott and Matt George) and TS2 (Mark Treadwell and Rob Murphy) made it with ease - check out TR action 246, December 2010 for a great report!)

The last time TS2 toured around the UK, visiting most of the UK local groups, was in 2007. Since then 6,228 new members have joined the club, 3,735 have left (mainly due to selling their TR) but we still have 2493 new members in the club. I bet most of them have never seen their car, TS2, and have certainly not had the opportunity to drive it. Hence, the new tour to celebrate all that is good in the club after 50 years and sharing a prized asset of the club with all those new members. I hope as many as possible take up the offer to drive it.

Mick

44 minutes ago, Mick Forey said:

The last time TS2 toured around the UK, visiting most of the UK local groups, was in 2007. Since then 6,228 new members have joined the club, 3,735 have left (mainly due to selling their TR) but we still have 2493 new members in the club. I bet most of them have never seen their car, TS2, and have certainly not had the opportunity to drive it. Hence, the new tour to celebrate all that is good in the club after 50 years and sharing a prized asset of the club with all those new members. I hope as many as possible take up the offer to drive it.

Mick

Some of us didnt get the chance to drive it despite it being in our area, at the time we were given the impression that it was only GL that was allowed to drive it. It was even sat in my workshop once then.

Stuart.

TS2 012.jpg