Triple webers - best way to connect the throttle cable

As the title, I've fitted a set of webers on my RHD 250, the kit came with the usual overhead linkage and a Bastuck manifold, whats the best way to connect the throttle cable? Anyone got any photos of their set up please? If email is easier I'm at ..................tomatr250@gmail.com 

thanks in advance

Tom

Hi Tom,

Presumably the Bastuck manifold and throttle linkage kit that you have is like this one in a link on eBay from Southwell, not far from you? 

Triumph TR6 Triple Weber Inlet Manifold. New & Boxed. Parts Project | eBay

I believe that's designed for use with a long bell crank and turnbuckle swivelling on the bush in the triangular plate below the manifold under inlets to cylinders 5 & 6. It's made for a connection from the long LHD throttle pedal running across the bulkhead. Assuming, as per your question, that you want to use a cable connection then it's best to cut that triangle off. It's redundant and just gets in the way of fixing the inlet and exhaust manifold stud fixing "slugs" and nuts.

I made up a small bracket to sit on top of the centre carb for my TR6 race car to connect the cable to and act as a buttress to pull against. It uses a standard Weber part as the base, see link - Base Plate LP1000/2000 | Webcon UK Ltd 

See attached photos.  I only have 2 throttle cables to cover the situation if a break one in a race to let me carry on.

I note that you're from Nottingham. I live at Retford, Notts so if you want to come and have a look get hold of me via a PM.

Dave McD

IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0495.JPG