In the shed this weekend.

Changed the design and added a 3rd o ring in the middle of the bobbin.  It stabilises the assembly and provides more sealing without having to squash the two end seals so much with the adjuster.  The end seals must be compressed slightly or petrol leaks up the centre of the bobbin where the adjuster fits through.

Will write some fitting instructions as they must be adjusted/set up so they are leak proof but still operate freely.

Peter W

0D2F6DF1-318E-4742-9911-7D0F7E8C9082.jpeg

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, 2long said:

I’m in the spring blossoms shed by the tree - does that count?
Cheers

Dan

98565DE8-4E2E-4291-8388-31C4059F8975.jpeg

I certainly would not call that a shed by any stretch of the imagination, so I am sorry it doesn`t count.:D

Ralph

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Z320 said:

My talent to know how to make my wife happy?

Yes indeed, that is a great gift!

We all know Happy wife= happy life.

Mick Richards

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2021 at 2:06 PM, billy l said:

Hi Charlie, The arm is made by Desmo and fitted with a Lucas central mounted mirror, all purchased at autojumbles, I still see them for sale occasionaly, it is held on with just one slightly longer stantion screw, (no drilling required) it has never moved in all the time it's been fitted, another advantage is you can open the door fully with the sidescreen fitted.  Cheers, Bill.

P1010743_0530a.jpg

P1010744_0531a.jpg

Do you have a part # for these mirror arms?

On 4/24/2021 at 10:03 PM, Z320 said:

Hi,

today I made something completely different (in my garage): this climbings aids for my wife's roses.

eljeiERONB7fEwfxmQ0N7hDiz437rx4-TdE8x_72

Happy wife,.....

Ciao, Marco

For one minute I thought you’d made a giant set of axle stands !!

Connectors for the boot and battery tray drain tubes. 

plus a delicate scriber made from a sewing needle using Clickspring inspiration. http://www.clickspringprojects.com/delicate-scriberpick.html

4647DA7B-D941-4D2B-ABBC-10CB0AB2E368.jpeg

18 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Connectors for the boot and battery tray drain tubes. 

plus a delicate scriber made from a sewing needle using Clickspring inspiration. http://www.clickspringprojects.com/delicate-scriberpick.html

4647DA7B-D941-4D2B-ABBC-10CB0AB2E368.jpeg

Very good, but why do you need them?  Or is the idea to put them through from the outside and the push the pipe on from the inside ? Must admit the tubes were difficult to get through the holes in the bodywork , but I pushed a smaller plastic pipe into the end of the rubber pipe which then poked through  the hole. Seems to work, but not sure if caught in a downpour.

Ralph

2 hours ago, Ralph Whitaker said:

Very good, but why do you need them?  Or is the idea to put them through from the outside and the push the pipe on from the inside ? Must admit the tubes were difficult to get through the holes in the bodywork , but I pushed a smaller plastic pipe into the end of the rubber pipe which then poked through  the hole. Seems to work, but not sure if caught in a downpour.

Ralph

They are for brother’s TR2 shell rebuild 

Peter W

5BAD810A-382F-49F0-8389-60BB72C0759C.jpeg

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
15 minutes ago, Z320 said:

some wood work, to do something different

I was always told not to put a perch on the outside of a bird box.

To quote the RSPB:

"Do not fix a perch on the front of any box, as this will encourage intruders. Birds don't need a perch in order to use the box. "

Something really worthwhile doing is to fit a small camera inside. (Bit late for this season though.) We have had blue tits nesting in a box for the past few years and each time we have been able to watch 6-8 of the birds hatching.

Also a bit sad though as always some don't make it.

Charlie.

3 hours ago, john.r.davies said:

I did this, Charlie, and the tits had nine chicks.  Which all died over a  24hour period!  Quite put my wife off nest cams after that!

This is very sad, propably they died in such a short period from feeding with poisioned insects, you should focus your cam on your neighbors...

He have mostly sparrows here, making us several times proud uncle and aunt each year. Currently blue tits occupied the nest cave I made for redstarts,

hoped they will nest on your house again. But the blue tits did not know about....

I started organizing parts.  Those I had removed, primarily TR4 parts, and those that came with the car, a mix.  I'd already done it once.

Is it wrong to not want to throw original TR parts that are not functioning or worn out out? 

13 minutes ago, David Owen said:

I started organizing parts.  Those I had removed, primarily TR4 parts, and those that came with the car, a mix.  I'd already done it once.

Is it wrong to not want to throw original TR parts that are not functioning or worn out out? 

I have shelves of similar items going back to when I first started collecting in the 1970’s    Now I am feeling the need to downsize the stocks and duplications.

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
17 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

I have shelves of similar items going back to when I first started collecting in the 1970’s    Now I am feeling the need to downsize the stocks and duplications.

Peter W

Whatchya got? :)

• 3 months later...

A couple of projects

To replace the seal in brothers TR2 water pump.   

Make a bung for the top of the gearbox where a dipstick would go.  This is needed because the top cover has been drilled too far to one side so the dipstick touches a rotating bit.

EDD67424-B30D-432E-A39E-1DC4E1D1B6F2.jpeg

74845939-9812-45A5-AB62-DB795EF62AA3.jpeg

7B01B077-23EF-40C1-B1C9-F945DA6C12A8.jpeg

3C997230-EB70-4165-ADF8-A5EE12BD5E0F.jpeg

64C6A871-04B0-4767-9073-8A5599EB3F78.jpeg

3001C77F-318B-4EBA-9EA6-373EAC667A46.jpeg

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT