After Brexit -- VAT / TAX on imported cars

So yes - I ship all over the world for 22 years ( not car parts ) and have always had to say whats in the package - whether it was internal Europe or any where else. so thats actually same as its always been to be honest ,, HOWEVER - I noticed one thing this month - My Tricloraethalene ( which is highly carsagenic by the way ) I normally buy from Italy over last 10 years, because its illegal to sell it within the UK without showing your chemical licence. So hang on a minute what happened there then we were in the EU but we can't sell it within UK to ourselves even though its manufactured here as Genklene ( trade name ) but can order it to come in by boat ? !  ? what  ? like many things which are deemed dangerous here UK theres little control in EU. BUT  BUT as I always said Im a fence sitter and cherry pick and guess what - i can't get it from Italy at the moment. UK has stopped its import ( you might find it being sneeked in under an EU trade name - ? if your lucky but that wont last long once its spotted. So yes I am naffed off about that - But you know what you have to adapt or die - so I just order it from Russia like many thing now - Russia have outlets in the poor EU Baltic states and don;t care about putting on the package whats NOT inside - So there you go - I had to adapt not happy I would prefer to give my EU neighbours money to be honest than pay a Russian holding company in Moscow. But if my neihbours cannot sell it me - then so bee it - adapt and change - If you stagnate and dont do anything youll go under.  I think never having bought a foriengn car - so about 50% of every car comes from the EU - I see sourcing has started in far away places like Vietnam - that will be two years at least before logistics are put in place but Hey Ho.. whats time.. If there were more fence sitters like me here and over there the world would be a lot more exiting instead of inward looking -- 

ignore my spelling for words over 4 letters ( he he )

it wiLl all come good for everyone - Just wait - well lets face it with C19 - EVERY ONE IN THE WORLD HAS TO WAIT -- !!!!!!!!

OK  - ISSUES TO SOLVE --NO GO AREAS FOR COMPANY SHIPPING PARTS GOODS

Problem - My 20 year shipping to Simferopal - Due to repatriation back to Russia ( thanks to germany well done on that front ) 

Now a no go zone for any shipping -- So -- find a forwarding post station -- which maybe in Ukraine or Russia send it there and they will happily send it on for you.

Handling only charge almost nothing the Greevna currency has collapsed ( well done world bank on that score ) --

CHANGE -- ADAPT -- DISCOVER --  RENEW --  THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX --  IGNORE EVERYONE WHO TELLS YOU ANYTHING AND JUST DO IT -------

NOTHING IS INSERMOUNTABLE--   I HOPE I CAN INSPIRE PEOPLE - 

PLEASE -- NO DOOM AND GLOOM

ANDY -- THE FENCE SITTING CHERRY PICKER 

• 4 weeks later...

AHH   !    I WAS JUST TALKING TO MY DAD WHO'S AT 85 = JUST RECOVERED FROM COVID19  -- HE HAD A HEADACHE FOR 4  WEEKS !!  WTF.. MY DAD SAID TO ME -- YOU SHOULD DRINK MORE 40% RUSSIAN VODKA....  IF YOU DRINK THAT REGULAR DAILY - AT 40 %  --  THE VIRUS HAS NO CHANCE ( OR LITTLE ) CHANCE OF GETTING YOUR WHITE CELLS TO FLOOD YOUR LUNGS.. WHICH IS HOW YOU DIE..  ALL MY FRIENDS / FAMILY / CONTACTS IN RUSSIA SAY THE SAME AND MOST NOT GOT 19 AT ALL OR GOT IT AND RECOVERED AT 60 / 70 AND 80 EVEN WITH UNDERLYING CONDITIONS.. SO ITS NOT THE UNDERLYING CONDITIONS -- ITS HOW YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE IN FACT - -- -  MY ADVICE IS HAVING LIVED WORKED IN THE EU BALTIC STATES -- PLEASE DON'T DRINK VODKA EVERYDAY WHEN THERE'S NO VIRUS AROUND -- ITS NOT REQUIRED ..JUST TO GET BACK TO SHOUTING == I WAS TALKING TO MY DAD ABOUT COMPUTER MESSAGING IN 1979 AND 1980 AND 1981 FROM THE DEFENSE INDUSTRY UK TO THE USA --  AND WE BOTH EXPERIENCED THE SAME ( BEING IN THAT INDUSTRY )  ALL MESSAGES WERE IN CAPITOLS -- ( NEW WORLD TODAY ITS THAT THINKING IS -- SHOUTING ) BUT ACTUALLY ITS HOW ITS ALWAYS BEEN FROM CONCEPTION OF THE MESSAGING SYSTEM AND POOR OLD COMPUTERS WHICH HAD LINES OUT ON THEM HERE THERE AND EVERYWHERE..   SO THERE YOU GO -- YOU YOUNG ONES -- YOU JUST LEARNT SOMETHING --   A. P

But is there a need to perpetuate this in today's etiquette? 

Regards

Bill 

To join in the political debate, what the EU don't understand about us Brits is we don't like being told what to do (or being dictated to) We do our own thing and make do. As the biggest consumers of French wine (after the French) and biggest buyers German cars and Ferraris (after the US) I doubt that will change much. The UK is hardly going to go broke for a handful of lost TR parts sales, Covid has already done that already!   

• 3 weeks later...

Some of you might know I sell my coil spring compression tool (Churchill tool) from Germany via eBay UK.

I'm very sorry to tell you eBay charged the ones sold now (2021) with 20% tax for the UK government.

So I moved selling them via eBay Germany - with the same result.

On the other hand I ordered last week some parts from Rimmer - they sold them abroad without UK VAT to me.

I'm very excited what the delivering service will ask for. If I have to go to the customs I will stop ordering from the UK.

Edited by Z320
6 hours ago, Z320 said:

Some of you might know I sell my coil spring compression tool (Churchill tool) from Germany via eBay UK.

I'm very sorry to tell you eBay charged the ones sold now (2021) with 20% tax for the UK government.

So I moved selling them via eBay Germany - with the same result.

On the other hand I ordered last week some parts from Rimmer - they sold them abroad without UK VAT to me.

I'm very excited what the delivering service will ask for. If I have to go to the customs I will stop ordering from the UK.

Hi 

What happens here is the tax is charged when you get the delivery, which I am okay with BUT, the issue is the handler charges you a €15/16 handling cost, so if I need a small part then thats an issue.  I was writing with a guy who sells TR and British parts via eBay and when I spoke to him, he was livid (ie really mad) as his EU business has literally dried up, and I think he was a 1 man band garage/store guy.  Unfortunately I cannot see it resolving as EU see UK as a 3rd country and outside of the club, also they probably dont really want to see the UK succeed so some of the rules I have seen towards UK are a bit over excessive, but that is why on the whole, I dislike all politicians, "power attracts bad people and corrupts good people..."  as they said business would be better off outside the EU??

Sadly buying more from Germany now (no offence to Germany by the way!!!)

Richard