engine running or not running that is the question ?

S0  -- I'm just starting the process off to get a car over here to the UK from America -- I have been told just by random people that the car must drive at least some yards and stop under its own braking system - In order for it to LEAVE the USA   =====   BUT  - All my research shows me after months of reading is that in fact that is not a requirement ,,  the only time these two things become a requirement is when The vehicle check people in the UK come around to see the car for UK First Registration, then it must start / go and stop up  & down your drive - I know that because I just had my TR6 Vehicle check for its new J plate --  My TR6 was running by default when it left the USA - so it was never a thought - But my new car in the USA is not running  .....Anyone agrees with my finding having had export experience from USA ?   Anyone knows anything better than my findings --  Andrew Perkins