New jack hole rubber bungs

Landrover  transmission tunnel grommet, part no 334189 is exactly the right size for the jack hole in the floor, as once again the part supplied by Moss is a very sloppy fit and I imagine easily lost being about 1/4 inch too small for the 3 inch hole so have ordered a pair of these instead. Many thanks Dick for the lead.

Ralph

Received my Landrover  bungs today and have fitted them. They fit much better than the "proper" part, and are unlikely to pop out on to the road if someone puts their heel on  it.  They are a bit more dome shaped but where they are directly in front of the seat \i don`t think that will matter, and could be compensated for by cutting a circle out of the underfelt (if you have any).

Now need a 70mm hole cutter to use my redundant jack hole bungs as access bungs for gearbox oil level.

Ralph.

20201125_161958.jpg

6 hours ago, harlequin said:

Thanks for the tip Ralph 

It's mad when you think Moss have the part made incorrectly when the proper job is available 

George 

What's mad is how non-receptive Moss are to suggestions that would help their customer experience.

for my sins in the past i was a delivery driver, i used to pick up crates of goods bound for moss Europe from different warehouses in Felixstowe docks, most of the goods they brought in from china and from what i was told by many a customer i delivered to was how hard it is for the Chinese to grasp the simple task of making the parts correctly to start with. i kid you not.