Derek Graham, congratulations on Gold Award from the TR Register.

2 hours ago, ntc said:

Stuart may correct me but at that time is was a dragon , maybe not the same car?

Neil,

I remember seeing a TR6 with airbrushed artwork of George fighting the Dragon either under or on the bonnet at a local car show in the mid-80s - I think it belonged to 'bluebob' (on here) at one time as we chatted about it on the IOW weekend in May 2011 - pretty sure I've got a photo buried here somewhere?

Cheers, Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith
16 hours ago, ntc said:

Stuart may correct me but at that time is was a dragon , maybe not the same car?

I thought it was at the time, The car in Dereks link is the one as I recognise the CHP reg from pictures of the IOW trip (just visible in the background of the second picture) BlueBob is in the car at the front in the second picture. This is 2011.

Stuart.

DSC00329.JPG

P4300115.jpg

Once I get the copy of the magazine I will post a scan here so that people can see what it was like back in the day. As I remember it, it not only had an external paint job with murals but it also have a green draylon interior

Derek

As promised attached is the copy of the "Knight Attire" article from Hot Car magazine of January 1978. Note that whilst the same colour as my TR6 and despite having the same .....625K end to its registration number it isn't mine, honest!

Great to hear that it is still around nonetheless.

Derek

Knight Attire.jpg

21 hours ago, jimcwestie said:

2 hours ago, saffrontr said:

Great find Jim, looks like he's had at least a couple of goes at the painting of the bonnet, this looks much more comprehensive than shown in the 1978 article.

Derek

That's exactly how I saw it in the mid-80s. As I remember it was Royal Blue back then (hence it was owned by BlueBob) and it seems to be blue in Jim's photo.

Cheers, Andrew

Goerge & Dragon TR6 (1).jpg