Last night I chanced on a TV programme which was much better than Car SOS, or Wheeler Dealers, which both feel as if the cast were acting and had a script.

There was a team who arrived at a home garage to save a Chevrolet Camaro. They brought tools and workbenches and removed the engine. It was rebuilt on camera with the big end bearing being replaced. The wiring was a collection of old looms and the inside was a bit used. The owner had never used it but he did run the engine with no drive for the oil pump.

The team mended all the problems, sprayed the bonnet ( hood ) in the open and the programme ended well. I enjoyed the technical side and one of the mechanics was a young blonde who changed the discs and pads.

I can not remember the name of the programme or which channel it was on. Can anyone help please. I would like to see the next one.

Thanks Richard & B

We get that show here. It is the only one where they turn up at your house with a van full of tools and fix your car.

There are a few TR's around Las Vegas, probably 5 or 6 in our club. California has a lot more. Do a search for Triumphest and you will get an idea of how many around the west coast.