Carbs finally sorted after months.

After months of messing around and trying to set up my carbs, and replacing needles, jets, springs etc all to no avail I have finally got them right.

The problem turned out to be (and this is where I look a right idiot) the breather hole in the float lid of the back carb was blocked. As the carb heated up the float chamber was pressurising forcing the fuel out of the jet. That's why it always seemed OK when I first started the car up but got worse as the engine heated up. The carbs, along with the rest of the car, had come from the states, and I think some little critter had made a nest in the overflow outlet pipe. The hole looked clear from inside the lid, and clear at first glance from outside, but when I tried to blow down it was when I realised it was blocked. Took some serious digging with a small screwdriver to break it up and clear it.

I have now at last been able to colortune it and get that nice blue colour and the jets are one and a half turns down.

I`m going to reward myself with a couple of beers tonight.

Ralph.

Brilliant result Ralph. 
you deserve your favourite tipple as a reward for your perseverance and success 

well done. 
H