TR4 Rear springs

28 minutes ago, lynchpin said:

Hi All

Looking for new rear springs for my tr4 Rimmer are out of stock at the moment Moss have them in stock, they look slightly different at the front bush end to the Rimmer picture, any recommends from you guys?

Cheers Phil..

Which ones are you looking at as the standard springs are all the same in both illustrations, its only the competition type that are different at the front end.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart

I thought I was looking at the standard springs, will have another look, the difference I picked up was the curve of the spring continuing up and around the front bush on the Moss picture, standard springs will do as the car is only used for normal driving but over the years the back end seems to sunk a bit especially when loaded a little. I assume that the Moss springs are ok..

Cheers Phil..

Just now, lynchpin said:

Hi Stuart

I thought I was looking at the standard springs, will have another look, the difference I picked up was the curve of the spring continuing up and around the front bush on the Moss picture, standard springs will do as the car is only used for normal driving but over the years the back end seems to sunk a bit especially when loaded a little. I assume that the Moss springs are ok..

Cheers Phil..

The competition ones have the extra length of main leaf that curls round the eye to stiffen them up a bit. Standard Moss springs are Ok or you could get your originals re tempered.http://www.owensprings.co.uk/springs/leaf-spring-repairs/

Stuart.

I had the originals retempered by ML Welding in Portsmouth who used to be McKinneys spring manufacturers when I bought the car in 2007, they were ok to start with but one side has dropped more than the other and I fitted a small spacer to even them up so I thought that since they have been done once it would be best to renew them as long as I can be sure of the quality of them..

Phil..

1 hour ago, lynchpin said:

Just looked again at the moss site, part No-s  208636 standard and TT4016 competition both pictures show the 2nd leaf continuing up around the bush, perhaps a mistake on thier site..

Phil..

Quite possibly.

Stuart.