Drive Your Triumph Day 10 February 2021

We have received the following email from Rye Livingston. I know a few people joined in with this a few years back. If we get the opportunity to get our TRs out of the garage in February, why not take a photo and send it off to Rye.

Mick

Dear Fellow Triumph Owner,

One thing that has remained constant in this crazy pandemic year, is the pleasure to social distance by taking a drive in your Triumph.  So, with that in mind, it’s time to plan a social distance activity for Drive Your Triumph Day, February 10, 2021.

My name is Rye Livingston and I'm with the Triumph Travelers Sports Car Club in Northern California, which is celebrating our 62nd anniversary.

As you may remember a number of years ago, I encouraged members of our club to drive their Triumphs on February 10th, to celebrate Sir John Black's Birthday, the man who organized Standard's purchase of Triumph after the war, and went on to make the cars we enjoy driving today.

Last year I received about 350 photos from all over the world: Scotland, Ireland, the UK, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Uruguay, Netherlands, Switzerland, Finland, Canada, Holland, Czech Republic, and of course all over the USA.  I’m hoping we can increase that number this year!

The concept is straightforward. On Wednesday, February 10th, go for a drive in your Triumph.  Take a scenic drive on a country road or out to lunch, to the market, to work, wherever. Go for a drive alone or in a big group from your local Triumph Club. Take your spouse, buddy, child, grandchild or your dog; then take a photo. The photo is mainly of the car, and the owner if possible, ideally in front of a cool spot, landmark, scenic view or in your driveway. If it’s the middle of the winter where you live and your car is in hibernation, or in the middle of a restoration, take a photo of it anyway. 

Next step is to email a high-resolution photo to driveyourtriumphday@gmail.com, along with some basic information: owner’s name, year and model of car, and place photo was taken (city, state, country). The photos will then be published not only in our club newsletter, but also in USA’s national magazine: Vintage Triumph Registry, and on the Drive Your Triumph Day website: https://driveyourtriumphday.shutterfly.com

Please feel free to send this on to other Triumph Clubs you may know of, and your club Activities Chairman and Newsletter editor. Last year a few Standard Clubs joined in too, which is great.

Be sure to contact me with any questions you may have, and thank you in advance for getting the message out to your members and friends to Drive Their Triumphs on February 10th.

Regards,

Rye Livingston

Activities Chairman

Triumph Travelers Sports Car Club

Celebrating our 62nd Anniversary

1960 Triumph TR3A