Total loss of brake fluid.

I fire up my tr6 at least once a month in winter, I did this two weeks ago all ok. Yesterday I did the same, pressed the brake pedal...nothing. On checking, both parts of the master cylinder are empty. I was under the impression that on a duel curcuit braking system this could not happen. Any ideas?

It would have had to have drained away if they were at full height before when you checked two weeks earlier, so there must be a big leak front and rear or it wasn't full, it's possible that the master cylinder is the problem as both circuits run through it, so if it breached and drained into the servo perhaps? 

Gareth

Yep dot4. I have removed the master cylinder and found fluid in the aperture on he servo so I assume that is the problem even though the amount of fluid there does not equate to the amount lost from the reservoir. New master cylinder ordered.

54 minutes ago, Phil Read said:

Yep dot4. I have removed the master cylinder and found fluid in the aperture on he servo so I assume that is the problem even though the amount of fluid there does not equate to the amount lost from the reservoir. New master cylinder ordered.

At a guess I would say that your servo is probably full of fluid too. I would renew that as well if thats the case as brake fluid could be drawn into the engine otherwise.

Stuart.