Petrol distributor

Hi all, 

I got a question concerning the petrol distributor,

after a ride the Injector 2 (standing in front of car) doesn't get any petrol anymore, unfortunately the pipe leading to the injector is fitted on the inside ( engine side) of the petrol distributor, so I cannot unscrew it without removing the distributor, or is there a special key to unscrew it without the need of removing the pt?

I checked the pipe is not getting any petrol so the problem is inside destributor.

What could it be?

Thanks and regards

Psscal

Hi

You may have a stuck injector easy to remove & inspect I have had this happen a few times

Others will answer your problem soon with more details on how to correct a stuck injector & or bleed the injector whilst out off the manifold

Take the injector out and blow some compressed air through it should do the trick. I do use a Foot pump get a good seal and pump. Since I changed my tank etc never happens now

On 11/19/2020 at 10:44 AM, El condor said:

Hi all, 

after a ride the Injector 2 (standing in front of car) doesn't get any petrol anymore, unfortunately the pipe leading to the injector is fitted on the inside ( engine side) of the petrol distributor, so I cannot unscrew it without removing the distributor, or is there a special key to unscrew it without the need of removing the pt?

I checked the pipe is not getting any petrol so the problem is inside destributor.

What could it be?

Thanks and regards

Hi Psscal! 

I suspect that you have an air lock?

You have to back fill the black feed pipe to the injector with petrol after having remove the injector. This method I was shown over 45 years ago by a Lucas CAV dealer who also serviced Lucas PI and diesel systems. Works a treat when you have to bleed the whole system! First remove the injector making sure that there are no bits on the poppet valve seating then using a plunger oil can filled with petrol squirt petrol into the injector fuel line while holding it vertical until full, screw the injector back on and push in to manifold. Start engine pull out injector push poppet valve off seat and that injector should start spraying. Make sure that you have a fire extinguisher to hand.

Bruce.

On 11/19/2020 at 9:44 PM, El condor said:

Hi all, 

What could it be?

Thanks and regards

Psscal

No 2 and No 5 injectors were the bane of my PI system- those two injectors  have check valves in the banjo bolts that can pick up crud and stick. If you've tried priming the line and it  doesn't work you might have to remove the MU and have a look at the check valve.