Dip Switch Bracket LHS.

1 hour ago, YOW500 said:

Hi All.

Very surprisingly I have had enquiries about the LHS dip switch bracket for the TR2 - 3.   If say a dozen were needed I would make a small batch. If you need one, late or early type, please let me know.

Russell

Late please.

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, David Owen said:

Does anyone have a picture of how the LHD post 60000 TR3A dip switch bracket is mounted?  Bill Piggott's restorer's guide only has a picture of the RHD late version.

Please and thank you.

Theres two captive nuts in the left hand kick panel. illustrated here.

Stuart.

051 - Copy.JPG

David, I threw the rusty bracket away, and sold the bulkhead assembly, but from memory it was just bolted through the bulkhead side. That was a post 60000 car from the states.  There may have been some captive nuts welded on the outside, I can`t really say. It could be bolted with ordinary nuts and bolts if it was fitted before the splashplate went on inside the wing. Surely there must be some clues left on your car.

There is a picture of a LHD dipswitch bracket on page 59 of Bill Piggots book. It is the early type dip switch, but the position will be near enough the same surely.

Ralph

Stuart beat me to it. Always better with a photo.

3 minutes ago, stuart said:

Theres two captive nuts in the left hand kick panel. illustrated here.

Stuart.

051 - Copy.JPG

1 minute ago, Ralph Whitaker said:

David, I threw the rusty bracket away, and sold the bulkhead assembly, but from memory it was just bolted through the bulkhead side. That was a post 60000 car from the states.  There may have been some captive nuts welded on the outside, I can`t really say. It could be bolted with ordinary nuts and bolts if it was fitted before the splashplate went on inside the wing. Surely there must be some clues left on your car.

There is a picture of a LHD dipswitch bracket on page 59 of Bill Piggots book. It is the early type dip switch, but the position will be near enough the same surely.

Ralph

Thank you both.