Some Bargains Here...perhaps

I have never measured but would the twin wire GT6 choke cable do the TR5/6 PI?

https://mailchi.mp/trfmail/the-roadster-factorysell-off-parts-9425289?e=277d76571e

I'd guess these are NOS items from UK manufacture rather than Far East representations.

TR4 choke cable looks like a goody too.  Fit your own original knob ...as original.

Cheers

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

I have also bought a few items from them that we not available in the UK. No problem with ordering, shipping or delivery. There was no tax or service charge on my small, lightweight package.

Mick

15 hours ago, michaeldavis39 said:

No these are not NOS they are new parts made wherever. I have bought from the Roadster Factory and they sell the same parts that UK sellers supply so no advantage but they do a lovely catalogue and I got stung for import tax etc so altogether an expensive exercise to obtain what can be bought locally- don't bother.

Michael

Not necessarily, they do commission some of their own parts and as they are a US seller their parts do tend to be better made than some of the parts we have over here due to their litigious customers. The problem buying from here is the import tax and VAT plus if its in the post the post office charge you either £8 extra up to a certain value and the £16 over that for the privilege of collecting the tax!

Stuart.

2 hours ago, stuart said:

Not necessarily, they do commission some of their own parts and as they are a US seller their parts do tend to be better made than some of the parts we have over here due to their litigious customers. The problem buying from here is the import tax and VAT plus if its in the post the post office charge you either £8 extra up to a certain value and the £16 over that for the privilege of collecting the tax!

Stuart.

+1

The Roadster Factory is an excellent outfit to deal with, and -as an exception to most US suppliers - they know that a world exists outside the US

james

i have used TRF, paced order and had it delivered to my accommodation address when travelling with work or on holiday - although not much chance of either of those in the near-term!

Good service, quality and knowledgable folk on the phone.

...... Andy

Stuart I have seen some of the TRF commissioned parts sold here in the uk- for example fulcrum pin sold by Moss here in UK comes packaged with TRF made in Taiwan on the actual part- ask me how I know. So I stand by what I said I would not bother, all the items I bought from TRF had actually been sourced either from UK or the usual parts manufacturers in the far east. Anyway I'm not arguing it's up to the individual where they buy their parts.

Any TR6 owners out there trying to renew the chrome corners of their hard top? Any TR4 owners renewing ther door window glass guides, and TR2-3 owners renewing their steering column horn push loom or want a rubber gearknob, and TR7/8 needing sills?  plus others.

See here for this week only - Last week of Nov 2020

https://mailchi.mp/trfmail/the-roadster-factorysell-off-parts-9430773?e=277d76571e

Cheers

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT